Chapter 22

Snart was groaning from the killer headache he had as he came too, though the headache also included memories of him being killed. Something that he had no interest in happening again.

"Next time someone else is holding down the button, because I am not doing the suicide thing again." Snart groaned as he opened his eyes.

"Don't worry, this time we're not planning on blowing up the Vanishing Point." Sara said with a smirk as she and Mick watched the crook come to his senses.

"How long was I dead?" Snart asked.

"About four years." Sara said.

"And why do I have memories of working with that Reverse Flash creep, since by the time I joined the Legends, I'd gained enough respect for Barry to not do something like that." Snart asked and Mick and Sara looked at each other, since that was an unexpected side effect.

"Those are memories of an alternate timeline where Thawne recruited you before you and Barry came to your truce and you became a Legend." Sara explained.

"Explains it. Still though, I think that Thawne must've messed with my head or something, since I'd never work with homicidal maniacs, not even for cash. Present company excluded of course." Snart said with a grin looking at both Mick and Sara.

"Careful Snart. She's not your woman anymore, if she ever was." Mick said, though he honestly wanted to watch Ava beat his partner up and honestly, so did Sara.

"Really." Snart said, sounding slightly disappointed, though he was shocked when he saw a ring on Sara's finger.

"Her name is Ava, she's my co captain and she outranks you both on this team and in my heart. Mess with her and you'll wish that you'd stayed dead after the Oculus exploded." Sara assured him, though she was keeping her deal with Mick to not mention Rebecca Silver to Snart until after her wedding, since she wanted him on his best behavior.

"Got it. Are there any ladies on this ship I can flirt with, since I clearly can't be with you anymore." Snart said, since normally he wouldn't care if Sara was taken, but in this he both respected and feared her enough to know not to push his boundaries.

"I don't think so. In fact, I think that you two and Jax are the only single people on this ship, since Ray's actually married in this reality and our next stop is to pick Nate, one of the recruits we got after you died, we're picking up his girlfriend and her brother next." Sara said, choosing not to add that Nate had kind of become Mick's new partner over the past year.

"Great. At least the original team had girls I could flirt with." Snart grumbled.

"You'll have plenty of women to flirt with across the timeline after we take down the time masters. Now come on, let's get to the bridge so we can go get the rest of the team before we go rendezvous with Rip." Sara said.

"Wait, Rip's not here?" Snart asked, surprised, but not unhappy about it.

"Sara replaced him as Captain after you died and she's so much better at it than he ever was." Mick said.

"Really." Snart said, though he wasn't surprised.

"Really. Now, let's get to the bridge so we can get the rest of the team and then go join a war." Sara said.

"Wait, what war?" Mick asked, since that was news to him..

"Yeah, this time around, instead of blindly jumping around the timeline and using extreme and desperate measures, we're putting our knowledge of the future to good use. We're gonna take the fight to the Time Masters." Sara said.

"As long as that means that someone else is gonna blow themselves up this time, I'm all for it." Snart said and Sara rolled her eyes.

"Hopefully, we'll be able to kill the Time Masters without any of our allies dying." Sara said.

"What allies?" Mick asked.

"Remember Captain Eve Baxter. She's the one who's timeship was hijacked by the time pirates sold us out too." Sara said.

"She's helping us?" Mick asked.

"She and most of the other time captains were innocent. They were just as in the dark about what Druce and the Time Council were doing as we were." Sara said and Snart nodded.

"As long as they're on our side. I don't care. More people to throw in front of myself, the better." Snart said and both Sara and Mick rolled their eyes at that.

"Let's go. And Snart, Ava is already not a fan of yours, since she knows our history, please try not to give her a reason to kill you." Sara said.

"I'll make sure he behaves." Mick said.

"The irony of that statement." Snart said with a chuckle.

"I've come a long way, Snart. Not the mindless animal you once left to die." Mick said as he followed Sara out of the medbay as Snart wondered just how much he'd missed after he'd died.