Chapter 10

When the Waverider arrived in Anchorage, Sara decided to track down Jax herself, since she wanted to talk to him alone. Which was why she was currently walking up to an out of the way auto shop.

"Some things never change. The kid always ends up slumming it in places like this until he hits the jackpot." Sara said under her breath as she saw Jax working under a car.

"Jefferson Jackson?" Sara asked as she approached him.

"Sorry, I think you've got me confused with someone else." Jax said as he rolled out from the car and Sara saw that the patch on his jumpsuit read James on it.

"Yeah, sure." Sara said as before Jax could do anything about it, she pulled out the memory gun and fired it right at his head.

"Damn Sara, was that headache really necessary?" Jax asked as he recovered from the memory dump.

"Sorry about that, but it's necessary so that you'll come with me." Sara said.

"Back with the Legends?" Jax asked.

"Don't act like you didn't miss us." Sara said with a grin, which Jax shared.

"True, but you know I can't leave without making sure Grey and the rest of my family are safe." Jax said.

"Next stop on my list, especially since I have a favor to ask of the professor and before we leave this time period, we are going to do something about Eiling so that he, Clarissa and Lily can come out of hiding." Sara said and Jax nodded, since he completely believed her.

"But first, are you really a solo firestorm?" Sara asked, since even though Gideon had told her that, she needed to hear it from Jax himself.

"Yeah, I am." Jax confirmed.

"No offense, but it's something I feel like I need to see to believe." Sara said.

"Then it will have to wait until we get back to the Stein house, since Grey said that it's not safe for me to use my powers when I'm not wearing my suit, since in this reality, Grey and Lily built the suit to allow me to harness the Firestorm matrix's powers safely, since it's still relatively unstable. The suit is designed to regulate it." Jax said.

"Well, I'm sure that with all the future science and tech we have on the ship, we can find a way to stabilize it permanently, though I'm assuming you haven't been able to do things like transmutation yet." Sara said.

"No. Though it's not from a lack of wanting too. Grey doesn't want me to push the matrix too far until he finds a way to fully stabilize the matrix, since otherwise, let's just say a lot of people including me will die." Jax said.

"And I agree with that." Sara said, not really surprised by what Jax was saying, since honestly, from what little she understood about the science regarding the firestorm matrix, it was amazing that a solo firestorm existed at all, since all of the attempts to transfer the matrix to Jax from Stein hadn't exactly gone well. But hopefully now they could correct that, since the matrix was already inside Jax's body as a solo Firestorm, they just needed to fully stabilize it so he could use his full potential without worrying about blowing himself up.

"Grey, I'm home." Jax said as he and Sara entered the Stein, or as they were known in Alaska, the Abrams, since they'd all changed their names when they'd left Central City to keep Eiling from finding out about Jax.

"Well, this isn't exactly what I was expecting." Sara said.

"You should see Grey's lab. It's like something out of Frankenstein. I'm honestly amazed he was able to build my suit with the limited supplies he could find." Jax said.

"Well, he was always brilliant. Sometimes too brilliant for his own good." Sara said, remembering how many times Stein's younger self had caused issues for the Legends during their various interactions, though really only one of those was his fault.

"Tell me about it. I do not miss being psychically connected to him." Jax said.

"Connected to who? James, who is this?" Stein asked as he entered the room to find his adoptive son standing with a strange blonde woman.

"It'll all make sense in a minute Professor." Sara said, but before Stein could question it, Sara shot him with the memory gun.

"The headache should go away in a few minutes, Grey." Jax said as he and Sara helped Stein get to his feet.

"I'm quite alright now Jefferson, especially now that I remember Captain Lance." Martin said with a smile as he and Sara hugged.

"It's good to see you again Professor and don't worry, we don't need you to join the crew since Jax is a solo firestorm and I don't want to separate you from the rest of your family again." Sara said and Stein smiled.

"I appreciate that Ms. Lance. Though I will admit that the Legends are my family too. And even before Lily came along, in many ways, you showed me what it was like to have a daughter, just like how Jefferson showed me what it was like to have a son." Stein said and Sara smiled at him, since she had honestly found Stein to be another father to her.

"Anyways, there's a reason I decided to restore your memories besides the fact that once a Legend, always a legend." Sara said, since this was something that she'd talked over with Ava, who'd agreed with her.

"What is it?" Stein asked.

"Well, you're about to hear me say words that both of you never thought you'd ever hear me say." Sara said.

"And those words would be?" Stein asked.

"I'm engaged." Sara said, shocking both of them.

"Congratulations." Jax said as he hugged her and then Stein followed.

"Thank you. The first thing I did after I woke up in this reality was propose to Ava, since if Crisis taught me anything, it's that life is way too short and I'd finally met someone who was worth settling down for." Sara said.

"Wow, I never thought I'd see the day that the infamous Sara Lance became a kept woman." Jax said teasingly.

"Wait, Ava, as in the Time Bureau Agent Sharpe who you seemed to want to kill every time you saw her?" Stein asked and Sara chuckled.

"What can I say, opposites attracted." Sara said with a look on her face that Jax and Stein never thought they'd see on her face. She was actually smitten.

"So, what was it you wanted to ask me?" Stein asked.

"Well, before the team leaves this time period, one of the things on our list is taking down Wade Eiling so you and your family can return to Central City, but more importantly, I remember how you told us how before Ronnie died you performed his and Caitlin's wedding and I was hoping that you'd give Ava and I the same treatment." Sara said and Stein's face broke out into a huge grin.

"I'd be honored." Stein said.

"Thank you. But anyways, we should get Jax's stuff before heading back to the ship." Sara said and Stein nodded.

"I'll start working on temporal communicators so we can keep in touch." Stein said.

"Good. Especially because I'm going to need you to deliver those to Star City, since both my sister and my father are still alive and I want to make sure I keep in touch with them." Sara said and Stein nodded in understanding.