↳ 𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬.

*

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

warnings: mentions of cannibalism, cursing, mentions of vomiting, regular wednesday precautionsplease let me know if i missed any!

please let me know if i missed any!

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Stanza 2, Lines 6 - 9
"Because I promise I'll light the beacons
Of your dimmed and hollow Soul.
Even if I have to steal the fire,
From a thousand splendid suns."

- Clairel Estevez, A Thousand Splendid Suns

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Dreams were never meant to be lived, they were meant to paint a pretty picture that stained the glass into a life you could never reach. The paint would eventually crack and fade, the windows that allowed the little light from one's mind would shatter and the hole in the wall would be built-over. It was a rinsed and repeated cycle.

A cycle that Jacqueline resented every morning when her eyes would flutter open and she'd find herself in crisp sheets and slightly chapped lips.

The dark-haired beauty was awoken from her slumber with a reflexive kick against her sheets, her dark eyes fluttering open to stare at the ceiling. Her breath was caught in her throat before relaxing with a deepened sigh, almond-shaped eyes squinting as the afternoon sun caressed her face. It made her groan in respond, sense still groggy from her sleep as she familiarized herself with her surroundings.

Her bed was located in the loft of her shared dormitory. It gave her a view of Enid Sinclair's side of the room with her rainbow entourage with several colorful cloths hanging around her twin-sized bed and her unicorn plushie collection staring at her with beady eyes. Jacqueline pulled a face when she found her roommate's prized possession, a rainbow Build-a-Bear named Arnold, stare back at her as she turned her head to toss and turn some more.

The fairy lights that weaved through the barred rails of her loft were off as daylight shone through the large, colorfully-paned circle window, which Enid made a habit of doing as soon as the sun arose from the horizon. Her desk was dimly illuminated by the scatter of candles, lanterns and nightlights, her computer still warm from her intensive daylight studying and trinkets of sand jars glistening under the light.