【Thirty-Five】

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

» "Get kidnapped! You'll find out who your real friends are." «

*don't actually*

:fans out paper:
:sees all the hate towards lizzie and not the overly possessive man child who was threatening her:
:looks at camera with a brow raised:

⚠️Self-depreciation, spiraling, the start of mc's confrontation with their trauma⚠️
(DONT START HATING ON YOURSELVES IN THE COMMENTS OR AT ALL! Y'ALL ARE BEAUTIFUL AND LOVED!! GET HELP IF YOU NEED IT!! >:[)

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

   "Gah..."

   Limbs trembling, he put out a hand to stabilize himself against a tree. He wiped his wet mouth sloppily, the taste of vomit and blood burned his throat. He hated this.

   "'Eff off old man...!" A growl escaped his lips. Hastily ripping off a glove he threw it angrily further into the forest, "I'm not working for you anymore!"

   The mask attached to his belt burned heavily with guilt and shame. The only reason he was keeping it was for a reminder. To remember those he wronged. The lives he ruined.

   A scoff left him as his abandoned glove suddenly turned charred and corroded. For extra insult to injury he spit on it as it dissolved, before turning and continuing his run through the endless woods. The forest shuddered with silent anger.

   After what felt like hours of fleeing, exhaustion pulling at his eyes and limbs, old patched wounds becoming undone; he found road. Asphalt had never felt so inviting. Chest rising and falling quickly he licked his cracked lips, a grin creeping its way to his face.

   A car was coming. The familiar model and color surprised him, but a relieved smile spread across his face almost immediately. Pushing through his exhaustion he ran to meet up with it. The small vehicle slowed and barely stopped in time for the car to open.

   A woman stepped out, her eyes wide.

   "Ruth!"

   "■ ■ ■ ■ ■?!"

   Her beaten sneakers kicked up rocks as she jogged to meet him. Laughter left his lungs, relief and disbelief coloring his tone. Arms spreading wide he effortlessly picked the woman up into a hug and spun. She yelped in surprise.

   After being put down she blinked owlishly at him. Her brows furrowed as her eyes scanned over his poorly patched up face. She swiped her thumb over a cut on his cheek. It stung but he didn't care. He didn't even care if his mouth tasted of blood anymore, his toothy smile began to make his face ache. He felt free, he was free. She was his freedom.

   "What on earth happened to you? Did you have another blackout? Goodness you should have called me as soon as you woke up! You're lucky I was driving by!"

   She scolded him as she worried herded him over to the passengers side. He said nothing, the dorky smile and the fondness in his eyes said enough.