Chapter 7

The next few nights in the museum were tense especially around the brothers, Ahkmenrah was rarely seen without Kahmunrah. The oldest seemed to be in a constant mood, Ahkmenrah tried to get on as normal but he was really struggling and only a few could see. Ahkmenrah and Tahmunrah had been in many arguments and it was causing headaches all around. Teddy noticed one thing: the young king was sick and opted to catch up on sleep most of the time. Larry was dreading the night as it was one of the nights where the public and museum ‘actors’ interacted and the three Egyptian brothers had to stand with one another. Both Larry and Dr McPhee had warned them to be on their best behaviour but it was like running a child centre. Larry was thankful Kahmunrah stood in between the younger ones but he wasn’t happy when a member of the public asked how they died. The looks on Ahkmenrah and Kahmunrah faces told the truth as Tahmunrah described his noble death, it was clearly a lie. Kahmunrah knew one thing, Tahmunrah was responsible for his death even if he was said to have died earlier on. Kahmunrah knew one thing: Tahmunrah wasn’t normal and somehow came back from the dead only to haunt Egypt even more.

“Is it true that you died in an epic battle!” A child asked, Tahmunrah only nodded loving the fame which seemed to fill his ego even more. Kahmunrah held in a scoff as he kept a strict eye on his baby brother who was in the process of telling the younger ones a variety of Egyptian stories while ignoring his bickering brothers. Ahkmenrah knew the parents of the children just thought they were made up characters and just night actors but that didn’t help the disapproving looks heading towards his brothers. The two older brothers were in each other's faces reaching for their belts when they were interrupted by the youngest brother. 

“Enough” Ahkmenrah scolded the two quietly which got the growing argument to shut up. Thankfully the three only had to stand there for another forty-five minutes as the general public left and the faces of their members were replaced by glaring night guards. Larry sent disapproving looks at the three brothers while granting Ahkmenrah to roll his eyes at the night guards, especially Nicky who glared at them. 

“Didn’t I tell you three to behave and instead you decide to bicker in front of the public while reaching for your weird looking daggers!” Larry shouted at them, Kahmunrah only rolled his eyes crossing his arms while Ahk wore a fake apologetic look. Tahmunrah made sure all his attention was directed at the night guard as his plan came together.

“I’m sorry Larry, it will not happen again. I was just improving my brother's memories on particular events that happened. Kahmunrah in his old age has seemed to have forgotten certain bits” Tahmunrah explained in a soft tone which made Kahmunrah double take. Ahk ignored them all. Teddy was concerned especially for his son who only looked off to the side but wore a blank look that haunted the president to the ends of the earth. 

“Now, behave and if I hear one more argument out of you three. So help me, I will put the museum on lockdown. I already have enough going on without you three adding to it, I thought you were sensible enough to be left alone but looks like those privileges will be taking away” 

“Guardian…”

“Do not interrupt me, Ahk. I am not finished…” Larry continued to ramble which led to the exhibits being very confused. Ahkmenrah’s widened with unshed tears building in the back of his eyes.

“For now on! You three must report to me when waking up and before heading to ‘bed’. Your behaviour isn’t acceptable. Tahmunrah has been behaving yet you two seem to start arguments with him at any chance you get. Kahmunrah, I expected this behaviour but you Ahk! What the hell is going on with you?!” Larry yelled, getting his point across. Ahk remained silent holding his fists tightly to his sides as all attention was directed onto him. Kah instantly moved to wrap an arm around Ahk when the young king just shook his head.