Chapter 11

“Tahmunrah! Please spare him!” Merenkahre roared as his middle son could only smile, dipping the blade in the red liquid provided by the anubis guard. Tahmunrah ignored the shouts of Ahkmenrah’s name as he plunged the dagger downward, it would finally happen he would have the power. 

Expecting a cry or scream of pain from their youngest, Shepseheret had to hide her eyes while Merenkahre could only gasp as Tahmunrah let out a howl of pain. All heads turned to see Ahkmenrah was sitting up and had twisted his brother's wrist to the point it had snapped, the youngests eyes were glowing gold. Merenkahre couldn’t believe it, his youngest was a god but not just any god, one of the rays of Khonsu. He was a moon god. 

The anubis guards twitched in their places which made the exhibits act. Together Kahmunrah, Lancelot and Atilla took down the guards who shivered in their places as the tablet glowed a silver colour, the guards disappearing in poofs of dust. Tahmunrah cried out confused to what was going on until he found himself backing into a nearby box. 

Ahkmenrah rose to his feet, he glared purely at his brother, his eyes glowing gold followed by his veins showing the same colour. 

“But the red devil should have…” 

“The red devil requires three things to complete the sacrifice and you only had two” Ahkmenrah’s cold tone turned on the confused Tahmunrah who could only frown. 

“The Tablet, A God and A Pure Heart” 

“But, I had all three” Tahmunrah whined, taking a step back as Ahkmenrah took one forward. 

His hands glowed, materialising something into his hand, ‘the Tablet’. The others were in shock looking at the silver tablet glowing, Tahmunrah snatched it only to gasp it was a fake. The tablet in Ahkmenrah’s hand was half-red half gold. 

“How? What?!” Tah turned to Ahk who could only smile.

“When I asked Octavius to return the tablet, he had insight to the plan. He removed the spare tablet and spray painted it, the paint would eventually come off but it needed to look real so I empowered it with my blood” Ahkmenrah explained, his eyes glowing as he looked down at the unmoving body of the roman general and muttered something only for Octavius body to glow. The exhibits watched in shock as the roman general sat up with a startled gasp and shock in his features. Jed wasted no time in hugging his partner who eagerly hugged back as his wound refixed itself. 

They all watched as the silver tablet disappeared in the light of the moon’s own light. Tahmunrah was in shock, “Father, what do we do with him?” Merenkahre stood up, coming to stand beside his youngest, whose eyes continued to glow. “Return him to his state in his sealed coffin, he shouldn’t walk this earth” Merenkahre said with no remorse, Kahmunrah appeared on his brothers other side. 

Ahk could only nod as his eyes glowed with power and he muttered something, Tahmunrah gasped in pain as he disappeared and something in the museum shifted. “Is it finally over?” Shepseheret turned to her husband who went to nod when he heard a sob from behind them all. 

The Egyptian Family were quick to whip around only to gasp, Nick was fully unresponsive in the distraught night guards arms. Merenkahre rushed over with his wife only to gasp, he couldn’t feel a heartbeat. All of them including Octavius and Jed, the roman in the cowboy’s arms as they mourned their own way around the young man who meant so much to them. Sad chocolate eyes watched from behind his parents, Ahk could only sigh. He picked up his tablet noticing the message on it, he understood fully. 

“My prince, it is time. You must do it now otherwise the soul of purity will be lost forever” 

Merenkahre looked up in shock, hearing the egyptian words coming from the anubis god’s who stood on either side of his youngest who was sharing some words with Kahmunrah, his eldest nodded in full understanding. They knew what needed to be done. Shepseheret could only share a worried look with her husband, the two understood moving away confusing the others until the brothers made themselves known.