14 // The USB

❥ KNOX'S POV

KNOX'S POV

The kiss should've lasted longer than it did.

That thought is the only one lingering at the forefront of Knox's mind. It stayed there for the rest of the evening, and after Everett fell asleep while watching another one of his silly little movies, the thought rang even louder in Knox's head.

It was like a siren call stuck on a loop, taunting him for not having done more with Everett when he'd had the chance. The boy had become so needy and flustered that he ended up finishing what Knox had recklessly started, effectively taking control and completing the kiss.

Trying to think up a logical explanation for why he froze at the very last second has led Knox to a dead end every time. But that was then. The moment is long gone now. No more wallowing in past mistakes.

There's important business to handle.

"Jesus Christ, can I get any fucking cornier or what?" Knox mutters to himself while scribbling down the reason behind his absence on a yellow sticky note.

He makes sure to include phrases like don't worry, everything is fine and stay in the room until I come back because he isn't sure how Everett will react when or if he wakes up to find he has been left all alone. The buttons that set the boy off seem to change day by day.

Seeing how broken Everett looked after having that panic attack in front of Finn, Knox concluded he had to do better. Despite his conflicting feelings, he could no longer be careless with Everett. No matter how ridiculous he feels in the moment, Knox will do whatever is necessary to make sure that Everett feels safe and secure while they live together.

When finished with the note, Knox places it on top of his pillow. Everett is asleep on his side and facing Knox's direction, so the note will be the first thing he sees if he wakes up before Knox returns.

On to business. Knox exhales a deep breath before turning to leave the room, anxiety at what's to come and irritation over leaving Everett alone weighs heavy on his shoulders. He gently closes the bedroom door shut behind him, sporting a look sinister enough to deter a person from stopping to interact with him as he sets off down the hallway.

Tracking down a man like Mason has never been a difficult chore.

The guy is obsessed with only two things: tech and women. If he isn't in his bedroom on his computer working a job for Gavin that usually consists of him hacking into some shit that he has no business being in, then the horny bastard is most likely getting his dick wet with a patch whore in the jumpoff room.

A place Knox hasn't visited in a long while.

It's the only spare room at the clubhouse that no one wants to clean because it's strictly used for sex.

Truthfully, half the members don't think twice about bringing a random to the place where they lay their head at night, but the other half prefers to keep their bedrooms off limits when it comes to strangers. That private space is typically reserved for their partners.