iii| The first race

"Is that you boasting?"

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🕊️🇬🇧⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : THUNDER

"Not a 'yes sir', not a follower

fit the box, fit the mould, have a seat in the foyer"

The 'race' to the track continued between the Mercedes and Ferrari all through pre-season testing and up until qualifying

The 'race' to the track continued between the Mercedes and Ferrari all through pre-season testing and up until qualifying. It was friendly and it often rotated who was driving. 

Charles and George were already reasonable good friends through their group consisting of Alex Albon and Lando Norris. Though, most people knew that it was Charles and Pierre who were best friends, having grown up racing together, there were plenty of other who got along.

Over the week they spent together, Robyn got the vibe of 'older brother' from Carlos, who was often with Charles. It was impossible to not be friends with him. He was a kind person with a good sense of humour. He would try to persuade Robyn to learn Spanish, who would claimed English and French were her stronger subjects.

"But why do you know French before Spanish, Robyn?" Carlos had complained. "Spanish is supreme!"

"I'm half French!" Robyn argued. "My mum moved to England at eighteen but she's French!"

The night before qualifying, Robyn decided that she was going to take some time to get her head straight and allow it to come up with scenarios that would benefit her. The heat gave her a great excuse to lie down on a sunbed by the pool since it was empty. George had joined her and half an hour later, Robyn caught sight of two familiar Ferrari drivers.

Robyn lowered the sunglasses she was wearing. It seemed a little odd to be wearing them at night time but the pool was well lit and Robyn didn't want lights shining in her eyes. Besides, it was yet to be pitch black. 

"I swear that you two are following us," Robyn stated.

"Why are you sunbathing with no sun?" Carlos directed the question instead of answering hers.

"I'm not sunbathing," Robyn replied. "I'm relaxing."

During races that were in Europe, the drivers stayed in the motorhomes so it wasn't common to have this many interactions by accident. Of course, this was an incredibly rare occasion that allowed Robyn to make friends other than George, Lando or Lewis.

"Are you still meeting Jamie next week?" George asked Robyn lightly.

"No, I promised one of my old Uni friends that I'd go and see If I could fix her car before she paid a garage. She bribed me with cake so I think that warrants me bringing out my engineer skills," Robyn joked.