Viii| George Russell

"I only have one friend."

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🕊️🇬🇧⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Wake me up in Paris

"Wake me up in Rio

Baby we got so much left to see"

George Russell didn't just love racing, he loved cars in general. Even before joining Mercedes, he already owned two of their cars. They were his prize possessions, as he would constantly tell Robyn and his girlfriend, Carmen.

George met Robyn before they started karting, back at their grammar school. Robyn was the type of kid who was outgoing and a little sarcastic, which had put off a lot of the shy kids from being friends with her but it caught George's attention immediately. Robyn lit up a room and she knew how to bring friends together. 

George had to watch as Robyn got bullied by other students for not being feminine enough or picked on for the fact George was her only friend. Robyn never let it bother her and she always had a great comeback, not that it stopped the comments towards her. She was one of the lucky ones who had kept her personality after it all but she was lucky enough to have the confidence.

George and Robyn were the ultimate friendship; the one that could take any amount of sarcasm and playful teasing; the one where they could go a month without seeing each other and go back to their conversations the minute they reunited; the type that was there for each other.

When Robyn graduated, she had been stuck. Her parents didn't want her to live with them unless she was paying them rent (which Robyn understood, she was an adult) but it crushed her dreams of the W series seat. Despite how much her father wanted Robyn to go back to racing, he didn't want it to be in a new category that he deemed 'was going nowhere'.

That's when George had suggested he live with him insisting that he was barely there anyway and the spare room was empty. He didn't want her to stop racing because she needed a typical 'part-time job', so the condition was that she continued racing while she lived with him. 

Robyn wished everyone had someone like that in their lives. She got lucky.

Then, Robyn met Lando Norris briefly when she was ten in a karting competition. Being around the same age, Lando, Robyn and George had a good friendship. When they weren't allowed to race anymore, Robyn found comfort in online racing, with the addition of Charles and Alex. Alongside them, a lovely young woman called Mira Atkinson joined the party a few months later.

"What time are you meeting Carmen?" Robyn asked George.

"In around an hour," George replied. "I'm going to head out soon, do you need anything?"