𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

You don't need to read this but this chapter is designed in the style of the f1 bibliography pages on their website!

formula1.com/en/robyn-saunders.html

𝐁𝐢𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐲

Born in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, England, Robyn Saunders started her karting career at age 9. Saunders' lifelong plan was not to enter racing as a full-time career. Instead, she studied towards an engineering degree with Karting as a hobby. However, in 2020, Robyn decided to test her luck.

Going from Karting to Formula 4, Robyn won her rookie season before stepping into W series in 2019. Despite two accidents over the season, engine failure and a crash, Saunders still won the championship with one race to go. This victory moved Robyn up to F3 with Prema racing, winning this season and continuing with the team into Formula 2, where she finished second. This confidence is what made her prefect in the eyes of Mercedes-AMG.

In the car, Saunders is calm and collected but is one of the drivers who know the moment something is wrong with her car. From an engineering background, it's likely that Saunders can make informed decisions quicker than most.

When Saunders steps out of the car, she's cheerful and incredibly kind to her fellow drivers, fans and family. She spent a lot of time with her good childhood friend, George Russell.

Saunders is new to F1, Mercedes-AMG in 2022.

First Language (Native): EnglishFluent Languages: FrenchPart-known Languages: Italian, German

Fluent Languages: French
Part-known Languages: Italian, German

Parents: Naomi and Leon Saunders

Siblings: Ashley Saunders, Oliver Saunders

Racing History:

F4 British Championship 2018: 1st Place
W Series 2019: 1st Place
FIA Formula 3: 1st Place
FIA Formula 2: 2nd Place