iV| Good to go

"Copy. Box, Box."

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🕊️🇬🇧⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Not over yet

"Tell me why you started a fire

It's burnin' up in my head"

The one thing that Robyn liked about the late races was that she didn't have to be at the track as early in the day. At most of the European races, she had to be on track at 7:30am for team breakfast and meetings, where as she would get to lay in bed for a little longer at the night races. 

She wasn't the worst morning person but she didn't exactly enjoy it either so arriving at the track midday was peaceful. She spent a good part of the day in the team meeting and speaking to Bono and Lewis, alongside a quick chat with Lewis.

"Robyn, can we get a quick word?" Ted Kravitz, a reporter, asked.

Robyn glanced at her watch and nodded. The Mercedes driver was fully aware that Ted had preferences towards the British drivers but that didn't always stop the questions Robyn didn't want to answer from popping up. If there was anyone who she wouldn't get completely interrogated by, it was Ted.

All the sky sports teams, whom Robyn dealt with the most, had a good laugh. They never took everything seriously and she appreciated that, especially on race day when tensions were high. Such as now, when she was about to head to the national anthem, it was nice for a quick chat.

"How are you feeling about today's race after qualifying?" Ted asked.

"Confidence," Robyn replied. "The team is brilliant and George is a great teammate."

"Am I right in saying that the two of you are close friends?"

"Of course," Robyn replied quickly. "We've both been really lucky that we've ended up at Mercedes together. A lot is riding on this season for me, as a lot of people know, but I'm not letting it get to me that much."

As she was talking, Robyn had no idea that Charles Leclerc was doing his best to go undetected behind her, slowly trying to take the sunglasses off her head. Carlos Sainz was also watching him with a grin. Clearly, the two didn't have anything better to do with their time.

"No rookie has ever won the championship so I'm realistic but—"Robyn felt an itch on her head and went to grab her sunglasses."Huh."

She spun around, glaring at Charles while laughing at the same time. He had been efficient in taking the sunglasses and giving them to Carlos. Ted let out a loud laugh before moving on to one of the team principals, mic in hand.

"What?" Charles asked innocently.

"Last time I checked, Carlos didn't own the same sunglasses as me."