CHAPTER 2 » NIGHT LOVE

🌀 🌀 🌀

"Oh Hazel..." Jimin rasped, smiling at me with a familiar glimmer in his eyes.

"Flower, you did all this by yourself? It's so beautiful." Namjoon says to me while gazing around. I switched the bright lights in the living room to the purple neon lights we had installed some time ago. Then I used one of our Christmas lights to decorate a part of the wall that was near the stairs, it reads "My Lights." Then I switched off the light in the dining area completely and replacing it with the rechargeable candle lights I got about two months. It gave the room a romantic ambience, exactly what I was going for. It was both lined on the floor and on the dining table. The table was also filled with our favourite foods.

It was a collective agreement that we all loved Grilled Pork Belly (Samgyeopsal) so I made Scallion Salad (Pa Muchim), White Rice, Steamed Egg (Gyeran-Jjim) and Kimchi stew (Kimchi Jjgae) as the side dishes which we all shared love for as well. There were three bottles of red wine with a glass cup for each of us also placed around the table. The aroma of all the dishes interwove together creating a delicious taste on my tongue already.

"And the food," Yoongi hummed walking up to me, "It smells amazing, can't wait to dig in." He says as he reached me, smiling.

"You have ten minutes to go freshen up so we can have this date." I told them, the grin on my face ever present. They all rushed up quickly including Tae and Guk, I'm glad they aren't all mad at me.

None of them surpassed that time as they padded down the stairs walking towards me in new clothes, where I was now sitting at the head of the dining table. I pressed the play button on my phone and instantly the room was filled with a calm lo-fi melody, adding the romantic effect. They each took a chair to sit, Jin, Jimin and Tae were sitting respectively on my left side and Hobi, Guk, Yoongi and Joon sat respectively on my right side.

"Let's dig in." I announced shooting them a smile.

"Happily, Love." Hobi replied with a wink that immediately made me feel warm in my chest.

Everyone took portions from the meals spread around the table into their plates and we started eating. Hums of satisfaction filled the air making me happy that they are enjoying it.

"God. I've missed your Pork belly so much." Yoongi says with a mouth full of food.

"Her recipe is the best I've ever had and still is. It's so delicious Hazel." Jimin complimented.

"I second that Angel. It's really tasty." Jin hummed and nodded along with his words.

"Thank you." I replied knowing my cheeks must be in a shade of pink.

Little chatters continued as we kept on eating, mostly about the tastiness of the food but Tae and Guk kept to themselves. Although, I could see the satisfaction look on their faces which made me feel calmed that once we have a private talk, we'll be good.

"Mmmn mmmn." I cleared my throat, getting up from my seat, they all focused their attention on me. "For the past one month or so, if I'm not sick then I'm fully occupied with my studies and that has been cutting our time together short," I started, "We don't get to see each other so much, to spend time together, it even feels like I'm busier than you guys who are full time idols. I feel so bad for creating this rift between us, it's putting a strain on our relationship and I feel so bad for not being that girlfriend, the one who took this relationship as her number one priority and I want to do better from here on out. I want to fix it and I want to be that Ione that knows how to balance her life and puts herself first. I want to continue being the one you all fell for, the one you all love so I am making a promise to you all now that I will be her. I will be your Ione," I looked at Yoongi.