39| Boo

What...

I called his name and searched for him in the room, but he was nowhere. My eyes widened and my head spun toward his sleeping form.

There is no f**king way it could be this easy?!

"Fin..." I placed my hand on his chest and leaned toward him. "Can you hear me? Did it work?" I waited for him to respond, but nothing happened.

This is madness.

It couldn't have worked like that... It couldn't be this easy. Just a kiss and-

"Boo."

My heart leaped from my chest in my throat and jerked on the bed so hard that poor Finlay's body shook. But I shouldn't call him that.

I glared at the cheeky ghost who was laughing his a** off on the floor with no care in the world.

"Finlay!" I scolded. "F**k you! I almost died from a heart attack!" Placing a hand on my furiously beating heart and I shot laser beams at him.

"But... But it was hilarious!"

"A**hole!" I picked up the pillow and threw it at him, a weak attempt to hit him but failed as the pillow passed him. "If you weren't already a ghost, I would have made you into one!" I growled, crossing my arms around my chest.

My body was still vibrating from... Either from the kiss or his stupid stunt.

"Sorry..." His laugh slowed down, but he still had a Cheshire grin on his face. "I couldn't help myself."

"I was trying to save your life and here you're trying to take mine."

"You won't die that easily." He chuckled as he got up.

"You'll never know bawbag." He raised his brows at that and I shrugged. "I know what it means. That's why I said it."

"Fine... I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that." He pouted like a cute little puppy. "Forgive me."

My eyes involuntarily darted to his lips. There I something about it when he rolls his 'r' like that.

"Whatever." I shook my head. "You should be glad I didn't scream or else your whole family would have been here."

"Actually. I'm sad you didn't." He pressed his lips, trying to hide his grin, but failed.

"Why?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"Because if you did, my family would know even in my sleep I could make you scream."

My eyes bugged out of my sockets when I processed what he was implying. I had no idea when and how we become flirty with each other. On one side, it made me giddy and on the other, it anger me because all we could do was talk.

"I bet you're not that good," I mumbled, pulling the duvet over my burning face. I could feel my body getting wobbly and was glad I was already sitting, or else would have fallen at his feet.

"We'll see about that." He smirked, getting up from the floor, and I rolled my eyes.

Hope so.

"Anyway... The kiss didn't work." I cleared my throat and look at the innocent Finlay.

I thought Finlay might be disappointed about it. Instead, he just shrugged and gave me a lopsided grin.

"It was worth a shot," I growled at him.

Cheeky ghost!

• • • • •

The birds' chirping sounds came to my ears as I rolled to my side. My eyes were still shut but could feel the strong brightness of the sun from the window. Groaning, I pulled the duvet over my head to block the light and snuggle close to the warm pillow.