08

truth or dare

"GATHER AROUND FELLOW GRYFFINDORS!" Sirius shouted as he sat down cross legged, wincing at the glare that his new friend gave him. "And Slytherin. It's time to play truth or dare!"

An influx of Sirius' close friends sat in a circle and James managed to bag a spot in between Lily and Clarisse. He leaned over to the brown haired girl and lightly whispered in her ear.

"That's Alice Fortescue and Frank Longbottom, they're dating." James pointed at the couple. "That's Marlene McKinnon, Dorcas Meadows, Mary McDonald, you know Wormy and Moony-"

"Oh look Reg, Barty and Evan have joined!" She said gleefully, missing the pursed lips of James.

"Alright, I've got a little something to make this game a bit more fun!" Sirius held up a small glass bottle and shook the liquid with a gleeful smile. "Thanks for brewing it for me Moony."

"Yeah, yeah." Remus rolled his eyes but the small pink blush on his face made Clarisse smile lightly.

"It's Veritaserum." Sirius smirked. "You're forced to tell the truth."

Clarisse moved closer to James uneasily, her uncertain eyes staring at the messy haired boy. "I don't like the sound of this."

James sent her a reassuring look. "If you don't want to answer a question you don't have to, I'll create a distraction."

"Like what?"

"I don't know - I'll strip arse naked and run around." James said playfully making the worried girl giggle. "Don't worry, just squeeze my hand if you're uncomfortable."

"You too." Clarisse sent him a look. "I won't strip naked and run around but I'll start yodelling over you or drag you out."

"Awh that's so sweet, Reese." James cooed as he pinched her cheeks making her frown.

"Shut up Antlers."

The glass bottle got passed to James and he took a small sip, passing it along to Clarisse. He watched as she pressed her pink lips to the rim, after wiping the top, hesitantly sipping the drink before passing it along and clasping her hands with his. He smiled subconsciously as he squeezed her hand.

"Are you already uncomfortable?" She said worriedly, turning to him.

"No I was just enjoying the moment." He blurted out, wincing afterwards as he clamped his mouth shut.

The girl let out a small laugh and smiled. "Same."

"Alright Wormy, truth or dare?"

Peter nervously looked around the group before blurting, "truth!"

"If you had to date anyone in this circle, who would it be and why?" Sirius asked mischievously with a small smirk littering his face.

The smaller boy stuttered slightly, his face going red as he looked at the floor. "Clarisse, because she was nice to me."

The brown haired girl perked up in surprise, glaring at the group when they cooed mockingly. "Thanks Pete!" She smiled broadly, ignoring the frown on James' face.

Regulus narrowed his eyes at the pudgy boy before crossing his arms. "I'm glad you won't get that chance." He muttered under his breath.

"Peter it's your turn now." Sirius announced, putting the embarrassed boy on the back.

The boy looked around the circle before opening his mouth. "Dorcas, truth or dare?"

"Dare!" Dorcas exclaimed with a big smile which slowly deflated at Peter's devious smile.