14

the wolf, the rat and the mutt

"CLARISSE, WHERE IS PRONGS?!" Sirius called out with worried eyes. "Is he dead? Did you murder him?!"

"I wouldn't blame you if you did." Remus offered from the door, sending an apologetic glance towards Camilla who looked mightily confused.

"Hi Clari!" Peter piped up from the door with a small wave making the girl smile.

"Hey Pete!"

Claudio sighed loudly, gesturing for his wife to let the three boys in out of the cold. Once they were ushered in, they sat down on the sofa awkwardly opposite James and Clarisse.

"So you're alive." Sirius started nervously, attempting to avoid his best friend's glare. "That's good to know."

"Why are you guys here?" James rubbed his face tiredly as he sighed. "I'm so sorry Mr and Mrs Russo-"

"It's no problem dear, the more the merrier!" Camilla waved him off before sitting down next to her husband. "Please, introduce yourselves!"

"I'm Peter Pettigrew." The smallest boy started nervously, his eyes darting around the room.

"Remus Lupin, pleasure to meet you all." The scarred boy nodded politely to the family.

"Hey I know you!" Elliot piped up, his eyes widening in recognition. "You're the guy who used to commentate Quidditch matches in Hogwarts!"

Remus nodded lightly. "Still do."

"You commentate?" Clarisse gasped, her head tilting. "How did I not know this?"

"Because you don't go to games Clari." Sirius chuckled before sending everyone a charming smile. "I'm Sirius, Sirius Black."

A few surprised looks were exchanged at the boy's name, Clarisse rolling her eyes as Cosimo perked up. "Regulus' brother?"

"You know Regulus?" Sirius asked Cosimo confusedly, his head swerving round as the family nodded.

"Practically lives here." Carlo laughed. "Elliot sometimes has to sleep in my room because Regulus takes the guest bedroom."

"Has to." Clarisse whispered over to Elliot with wiggling eyebrows. "We have three guest bedrooms."

"Shut up." Elliot hissed back, kicking her feet.

"Oh." Sirius muttered surprisedly with upturning lips. He didn't know that Regulus had a support system, Clarisse was Regulus' James.

"So why are you guys here?" Clarisse asked with raised eyebrows.

Sirius pouted lightly. "Nice to know you value our presence Clari-"

"Sirius." James reinforced.

"We thought that Clarisse murdered you." Sirius admitted as he shrugged. "You we're taking awfully long."

"I said I would take long!"

"We thought you were joking!" Sirius exclaimed.