Lo'ak X Fem Human Reader

"Morning Y/N." Tuk says as she finds you in the hut you're staying in.

"Morning Tuk. How are you doing today?" You ask kindly.

"I'm doing good. Are you still coming with us to go swimming later?" Tuk asks curiously.

"Of course I am. I wanna see all that I can while I'm visiting." You say as you smile.

"Do you like it here so far?" Kiri asks as she and Neteyam walk over.

"Yeah. It's a definite change from Pandora but I like it." You say happily.

"We do too." Kiri says.

"It's certainly become more like home since we came here." Neteyam says.

"Yeah. It's different but we like it." Neteyam says.

"Well I should get changed into something more suited for the water. I'd prefer my regular clothes to stay dry so I don't get sick." You say as you chuckle.

"I keep forgetting how much you Sky people get so sick from the simplest of things. Must be annoying." Neteyam says.

"It is. Anyway I'll see you guys soon. I'm assuming Lo'ak will be there soon too? I haven't seen him much since I came to visit. Same with Spider." You say curiously.

"Yeah. He should be. Spider is supposed to meet us at the swim spot. Anyway don't be long." Neteyam says as he, Kiri and Tuk leave.

*Timeskip*

"I hope this works. It's not the swimsuit I'd have like to have brought but it's better than nothing." You say as you are walking along the sand with your hair up in a ponytail and wearing a light blue swim suit.

"Well, well. Looks like the pet is out running around with her leash today." A voice says revealing to be three of the river clan Na'vi.

"Oh hello. Um I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you." You say kindly.

"Oh it talks." One of the other Na'vi says as he laughs.

"Of course I talk. Why wouldn't I?" You ask confusedly.

"You really shouldn't be here. I don't know why my father allowed two sky people to stay here." The lead Na'vi says.

"I'm not a threat. I don't mean any harm I promise. I'm only here to visit." You say in surprise.

"Still. You should not be here. I mean look at you. You're a freak compared to us. At least the Sully's are Na'vi for the most part. You and that other kid are not in the slightest." The lead Na'vi says.

"I'm sorry. I can't help it. But I would still like to get to know you and I hope we can look past each other's differences." You say as you give a kind smile.

"With a freak like you? No way." One of the other Na'vi says as he and the other two laugh.

"Hey! Leave her alone." A voice says revealing to be Lo'ak as he comes over with an angry look.

"Lo'ak." You say.

"Look who's come to defend the little pest. Forest boy." The lead Na'vi says.

"I thought we were on decent terms here Aonung." Lo'ak says as he looks at the lead Na'vi.

"You and I may be but she is not part of your family or even Na'vi. I have no reason to be nice to a creature who's kind has caused nothing but trouble." Aonung says as he looks at you.

"She's not like them." Lo'ak says.

"Why do you care?" Aonung asks.

"She's my friend. Now lay off or you'll be have me and my siblings to deal with." Lo'ak says sternly.

"Fine. Whatever. Let's go guys." Aonung says as he leaves with the two other Na'vi.

"Why did you do that? You didn't have to." You say as you look at Lo'ak.

"I know but I wanted to. Besides they just gotta get to know you like my family did. They'll come around in time." Lo'ak says.

"I know. I'm just surprised they'd hold that against me for being different. I can't help it that I was born a human." You say as you look down.

"You didn't do anything wrong. You have nothing to be upset or be sorry for. They're the ones being idiots." Lo'ak says.

"I know that Lo'ak. But still. I do kinda wish you hadn't defended me though. I don't want them taking it out on you." You say.

"They won't. Trust me. But I'll always be there to defend you." Lo'ak says as he gives you a soft smile.

"Why though? I know we're friends but I'm not Na'vi. You have no reason to defend me so easily." You say as you look away only for Lo'ak to gently make you look at him.

"Don't talk like that. I hate hearing you talk like that Y/N. Do you know why I have always hung out with you and always enjoyed being with you?" Lo'ak asks.

"No. To be honest I thought it was out of pity." You say as Lo'ak chuckles softly.

"Never. I see you Y/N. I have since we were little. You're amazing and unique in your own way. You don't worry about what others think. I love that about you. I love you." Lo'ak says as he smiles at you.

"Do you really mean that?" You ask in surprise while blushing.

"I do." Lo'ak says as he smiles causing you to smile.

"I see you too Lo'ak." You say happily.