Kiri X Fem Reader

"Hey Lo'ak have you seen your sister anywhere? I was gonna see if she wanted to go swimming for a bit." You ask as you walk up seeing Lo'ak.

"Depends. Which one do you mean because Tuk is with mom Spider exploring." Lo'ak says.

"Lo'ak you know who I'm talking about." You say as you cross your arms.

"I honestly have no seen Kiri all day. She disappeared after lunch." Lo'ak says.

"And you didn't go look for her?" You ask in surprise.

"Look she's just mourning for Neteyam. We all are. I'm sure she's fine." Lo'ak says as you shake your head.

"Just nevermind. I'll go find her myself." You say as you turn to leave.

"Okay. Be careful." Lo'ak says.

"Will do." You says as you flick your tail and leave.

*Timeskip*

"Hey Kiri." You say as you find Kiri by a cover while riding your Ilu.

"Oh. Y/N. What are you doing here?" Kiri asks in surprise as you get off your mount and sit down beside her on the rocks.

"I haven't seen you very much since the funeral. Thought I should check on you." You say concernedly.

"Oh. Well thank you. I'm okay though." Kiri says as she looks down slightly.

"No you're not. I know that face. It's not just one of sadness but also curiosity when something is bothering you. I've seen that on my own face in my reflection from the water. What's wrong?" You ask concernedly.

"I guess I'm just missing Neteyam. He's my family." Kiri says sadly.

"Is that all? Or is there something else?" You ask curiously as you place your hand on top of Kiri's comfortingly.

"You'll think I'm a freak if I tell you." Kiri says.

"No I won't. I promise." You say as you smile reassuringly.

"I can feel Eywa. I can even fear and feel Neteyam sometimes. I have since he passed. I feel connected to our great mother. The others think I'm weird for it. That's why you saw me just laying in the water that one day. I often zone out because of it. It frightens me and makes me curious at the same time. I don't know what to think or do because of it." Kiri says sadly as she looks down.

"I don't think you're a freak Kiri. I think that is truly special and the others only act that way because they don't understand. People often react more to things when they don't understand. It doesn't mean what they do or say." You say kindly.

"Di you truly believe that?" Kiri asks curiously as she looks at you.

"Of course. I wish I could do what you do honestly. It's a beautiful thing." You say as you smile.

"Thank you Y/N. You've been truly kind to me since my family has been here. It's means a lot." Kiri says kindly.

"You're welcome. I do apologize for the rude welcome at first. But I'm happy you're here. It's been more interesting since you got here. I like that." You say as you chuckle.

"I like it too. Why don't you fear away from me and my siblings like the others? You don't seem to see us as demons like they do." Kiri says in surprise.

"I don't see demon when I look at you Kiri. I see you. The real you." You say shyly as you blush.

"You see me?" Kiri asks while blushing.

"Yeah. I have since you arrived. I was just to shy to ever say anything. I wanted to say something before the whole fight happened but I didn't feel it was the right time. I'm not sure this is the right time either but I still felt you needed to know." You say as you look down before feeling Kiri place her hand on your leg.

"No. You were right to tell me. Thank you. I see you too Y/N." Kiri says as she smiles at you.

"You do?" You ask as Kiri nods shyly.

"Yes. I feel a connection with you that I don't feel with others. I'm truly grateful to you for not only being my friend but just being there for me in general. It means the world to me... You mean the world to me." Kiri says kindly.

"You mean the world to me too Kiri. Come on. We should head back before our families begin to worry." You says as you smile before standing up.

"You're probably right." Kiri says as she chuckles and stands up.