Listen And Relax

Prompt: December 10th. Celestina Warbeck's Christmas special. Write a drabble featuring Celestina Warbeck, and her latest and greatest holiday hits.

~~~

Listen and Relax

Footsteps fast approaching the sitting room had Harry quickly stowing his wand away and gathering up his chess pieces from where they'd wandered after Hermione's story and returning them to the table. He was just in time for, moment's later, Mrs Weasley appeared in the doorway, her knitting bag held in one hand.

"Boys, Harry, Hermione," she said, "I hope that you don't mind but Celestina Warbeck will be on the radio shortly."

"Mum never misses..."

"One of her Christmas specials..." Fred finished with a nod and a conspicuously bland expression on his face.

"Of course, Mrs Weasley," Hermione smiled, "we won't disturb you."

Harry caught Hermione's eye as Mrs Weasley bustled into the room and began making herself comfortable in the armchair closest to the radio. He lifted his eyebrow at Hermione and tilted his head slightly. She frowned, obviously considering, before giving the tiniest of shakes. Her hand moved from her lap to the cushion of the two-seater that she was sitting on, a finger tapping it. He grinned at her and quickly scrambled to his feet in acceptance of her invitation.

The crackle of the radio blast through the room, drawing every eye. Mrs Weasley adjusted the knob, finding the station that she was waiting for. Mrs Weasley, it seemed, had come in none too soon.

"And now, a live performance direct from Diagon Alley, featuring that musical marvel, that delectable diva, the spectacular Singing Sorceress herself: Celestina Warbeck!" the Wizarding Wireless Network broadcaster announced excitedly.

"Hello, Diagon Alley!" Celestina Warbeck called, eliciting a contented sounding sigh from Mrs Weasley. "It's so wonderful to be here with you today during this most magical time of the year. Christmas does have a magic of its own, something even the muggles recognise, and when you combine it with the magic of music, well, we are truly triply blessed, aren't we? Let's start off today with one of my favourites, and I hope it's one of yours, too."

Harry had never really had a chance to listen to one of the most famous magical singers in the world before. All he really knew of her was that she was Mrs Weasley's favourite singer of all time, and that Mrs Weasley never missed listening to her on the radio. Feeling bold, he raised his arm and placed it around Hermione's shoulders. She smiled at him and snuggled closer, her hand coming to rest on his thigh as the first notes began playing.

'A Witch and Wizard's Wintery Wondrous Land' wasn't bad in his opinion, not too dissimilar from its muggle counterpart and Harry found himself smiling along and relaxing to the tune. Surprisingly, Hermione even began humming under her breath to the chorus, something that Harry was sure that no one but him could hear.

Halfway through the song, Ron and Ginny appeared in the doorway. Harry smiled at them, nodding at them in greeting, knowing much better than to speak while Mrs Weasley was listening to Celestina Warbeck. Exactly why Ginny scowled back at him, Harry had no idea. He nudged Hermione and, having caught her eye, he flicked his eyes towards the redhead and added in a questioning look.

"I'll explain later," Hermione murmured, leaning in to him so that her lips were practically brushing his ear, sending tingles down his neck and spine.

For her part, Ginny's scowl quickly disappeared as she and Ron ghosted into the room and found places to settle in to listen to the radio with the rest of their family.

"Baby, are you going to give me a hippogriff for Christmas?" Harry amusedly whispered in Hermione's ear during the next song, echoing the chorus of Celestina's song.

"I don't need to, we already have one in the attic," she whispered back, adding in a slight nip of his earlobe.

Once again, shivers travelled through him and he began to fervently wish that the two of them were alone rather than in a room full of red-heads.

"I hope you didn't mind me calling you 'Baby'," he asked, making sure to get his lips close enough to her ear to return the favour of nipping her lobe, adding in the tiniest lick for good measure.

"Not at all," she whispered back. "Now, behave yourself."

He grinned back at her, ensuring that his expression reminded her that she'd started it. Her hand squeezed his thigh telling him that she got his message. He pulled her tighter to him and felt her sigh as she snuggled in.

A bright flash and a cloud of purple smoke had everyone in the room focussed on the doorway instead of Celestina's next song, 'Accio Christmas'.

"Sirius!" Molly growled dangerously.

"Sorry, Molly," Sirius replied, sounding anything but sorry. "Seeing those two curled up together like that, I couldn't resist."

Mrs Weasley's eyes shifted to Harry and Hermione and the fierce expression that had been directed at Sirius morphed into something very soft and tender.

"They do look incredibly cute together, don't they?" she smiled. "And, even better, they're enjoying the show without interrupting."

Sirius held up his hands in surrender before pretending to zip his mouth closed, something that Harry was sure that even a real zipper would be unable to do. Every eye followed the Marauder as he strode into the room and plonked himself down in the only unused chair – thankfully out of Harry's direct sight.

For the next hour, there was just the melodious voice of Celestina Warbeck crooning song after song, most of them Christmas related, and the feel of Hermione in his arms. Harry couldn't imagine a better way to relax. Well, he could, but this was practically perfect already.