Kissing Chaos At Grimmauld Place

Prompt: December 16th. Mistletoe.

~~~

Kissing Chaos at Grimmauld Place

The two of them appearing in the kitchen door, dressed in their identical House-elf Christmas Jumpers sealed it. They were watched as they crossed the room and took their normal seats at the table. An almost inaudible snap of fingers unveiled what had been hidden in potential preparation.

"Mistle..."

"...toe!"

The twins pointing above their heads had Harry and Hermione looking up. Identical grins appeared on their faces before they leant in and gave each other a rather disappointing chaste kiss.

"Boys!" Molly Weasley yelled. "You know the rule. No pranks at the kitchen table!"

"It wasn't us, Mum..."

"But thanks for the compliment."

Molly's gaze switched to the other 'boys' at the table.

"Don't look at me," Sirius said, even holding his hands up in defence. "These two don't need any help from me in the kissing department."

"I'm insulted that you'd even think that I'd play such a mundane prank, Molly," Remus stated, looking steadily back at her.

The youngest two at the table had given identical scowls at the kiss and weren't even questioned.

Breakfast continued as normal then and everyone was watched carefully. There was potential there for some payback as well as giving a gentle nudge in the right direction.

The next opportunity came with Harry and Hermione being the first to get up to leave the table. The instant before they reached the doorway out of the kitchen, more mistletoe appeared. This time, they were the first to see it. They looked at each other, smiled, shrugged and kissed. It was better this time but still not good enough.

"Boys!" Molly Weasley yelled.

"Still not..."

"...us!"

Molly didn't look convinced.

~~~

The next opportunity came in the sitting room. The youngest two were playing wizard's chess, while the identical two were whispering in the far corner. Harry and Hermione had been curled up together on the couch for some time, both with books in their hands. Sirius was standing beside the window, simply looking out. And Molly had just entered, her knitting basket in hand and her gaze focussed on the chair beside the radio.

Snap!

The mistletoe appeared directly above the couple on the couch, this time simply floating in mid-air. Not unexpectedly, it took a few minutes before it was noticed.

"Mistletoe again?" the youngest redhead whined.

Of course, this had the desired effect. Harry looked straight up, a huge grin appearing on his face.

"Well, if we must," he said, acting as though he wasn't enjoying this even though it was obvious that he was.

His book was all but thrown to the floor as he turned, wrapped his arms around Hermione and kissed her, this time a little more deeply than the last two times. Hermione seemed extremely happy to go along with the mistletoe requirement.

A fizz and a bang marked the mistletoe being blasted out of mid-air by Molly's pointed wand. The look of annoyance on the youngest's faces was replaced by looks of glee, in sharp contrast to the disappointed looks of Harry and Hermione who still had their arms around each other but their faces looking straight up instead of being glued to each other.