A Reunion Of Sorts

Prompt: December 13th. Visiting James and Lily's grave.

~~~

A Reunion of Sorts

"Are you sure this is wise?" Remus asked doubtfully.

"Maybe, maybe not," Sirius replied. "But it's important!"

Moony stared hard at Padfoot. What he'd just suggested made sense. From a purely emotional standpoint. The fact that he'd already agreed to take Paddy was one thing but to include the Cub? And, if what Padfoot said was right, it wouldn't just be the Cub, but Hermione as well.

"What about safety?" he asked, trying a different tact.

"You know as well as I do that we've already thought of that with me," Sirius replied. "We just extend it out. You've brought enough potion."

"Yes, but that was intended to allow you to get out a couple more times. We use it tonight and there's no guarantee that I'll be able to get any more. You'll be stuck here!" Remus argued.

"Worth it," Sirius simply shrugged.

"What about Dumbledore? And Molly?" Remus asked, playing his last cards.

"What about them?" Sirius snorted. "We weren't going to ask them when it was just me! And I am the Pup's godfather, remember?"

Once again, Moony stared hard at Padfoot. Finally, he sighed and nodded.

"Knew you'd come around, old boy," Sirius grinned. "Now, let's go find our Pup.

~~~

"Yes!" Harry stated quickly, excitedly and decisively, even before he'd heard all of the details.

"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione asked.

He looked at her. "'Mione, I've never seen them, I don't even know where they are."

"Nor do I," Sirius said sadly.

"Which is why I agreed to take Sirius," Remus said. "But you need to fully understand how dangerous this is. It's not out of the question that one or more of You-Know-Who's followers could be watching the place."

"But if I know you two Marauders, you've already thought of that and have Plans in mind to counteract that danger," Harry said shrewdly.

"Counteract might be the wrong word," Remus replied. "At best, we have precautions planned that would drastically reduce the danger."

"Precautions that you could extend to Harry?" Hermione asked.

"I want you to come too," Harry said. "Please. I ... I think I'll need you there, with me. And ... and I'd like to introduce you to them. Well, you know what I mean."

"Of course, Harry," she replied, adding in a kiss to his cheek. "Did you really think that I'd let you go without me?"

"Thank you," he said before turning back to his godfather and 'Uncle'. "So, what's the plan?"

"We go under the cover of darkness, probably around midnight," Remus began, "and we use a combination of potions and spells to protect us from anyone who is watching."

"Should I bring my Cloak?" Harry asked.

"Definitely!" Sirius and Remus stated together.

"I'm assuming that we're not telling anyone else that we're doing this?" Hermione asked, one eyebrow raised.

"I think it would be best if they didn't find out," Remus nodded.

"I like my hearing just the way it is, thank-you-very-much," Sirius added. "No need to make Howler Molly or Disappointed Albus go off their rockers."