Chapter 1

You hum your favorite tune, watching the kids play with toys in the room. You have been working as a Babysitter for years now. You love your job and genuinely enjoy taking care of children.

You yourself had a fun childhood, so you make sure the kids under your care do too.

You glance at them and see no problems as they play with each other.

You never really interfere much unless the kids have a fight or if they start getting themselves into risky situations.

You let them do their own thing, figure things out for themselves, and you know they'd ask if they want permission for anything or questions.

You yawn, feeling your phone vibrate in your pocket. You open it and see a message from one of your bros.

You seeing this shit?!

He messaged, along with a link to a video.

This better not be that moaning vid again...

You narrow your eyes, lowering the phone's volume before clicking the link.

You use the facility's free wifi and are quickly redirected to a social media site broadcasting a live feed.

You play it and see a passerby recording something. Soon, A white van speeds through the streets, followed by multiple police vehicles.

You quickly turn up the volume a bit to hear the commotion.

The people said they were escaping after robbing a bank.

The person recording says.

You continue to watch, seeing the person recording move the camera towards the speeding cars while lightly jogging to try and get more footage of the scene.

You look closer into the vid, realizing that this is all happening near the daycare center.

You continue watching as the speeding van drives over a spike strip laid out by other policemen, halting the chase.

A gunshot rings out, making you jump.

The criminals slowly walk out of the car, shooting blindly at the cops as they make their way into your street, leaving a smoke grenade to lose the cops.

Oh shit!

You shout in genuine panic as you run to the windows. Slightly opening the blinds, you see the three criminals heading in your direction.

As unfortunate as it is, you make eye contact with one of them.

Fuck!

Adrenaline kicks in as you control your breathing, gathering the kids.

H-Hey kids, how about we go play hide and seek?

Your big sis Aubrey is almost back from the store, and we're going to pull a little trick on her.

You say, trying to look as calm as possible, feeling your hands shake as cold sweat drips down your forehead.

Everyone enters the closet here so big sis won't find you, and make sure no one makes a sound, okay?

You ask, opening the door to the closet that stores pillows, blankets, and toys.

Thankfully, since most of it is being used, the closet had room for the kids to enter. You look around for any space for you but find none.

This will be better.

You mutter, holding your shaking hands.

Stay very quiet, okay? No one opens the doors until someone opens them.