Chapter 3

You watch the kids eat, letting them enjoy the meal they've been deprived of. Though, Mag's occasional stares fill you with grief.

Seeing her unable to enjoy your food made you feel regretful.

I'm going to get some fresh air.

You say, fanning your shirt before heading out.

You know they don't need food anymore. And while having to feed multitudes of kids in the future can be costly, this is a necessity they shouldn't be taken away from.

Like everything, it's not just always material.

No matter how much you have, it almost feels like nothing if you can't treasure it.

Material things don't last, but the memories tied to them do.

You mutter, softly chuckling as you repeat one of the most valuable lessons you've learned.

Growing up poor taught you so many things. But most of all, it teaches you to treasure what you have.

It doesn't matter if you're playing with a car toy while the other kids enjoy games on their phones.

It doesn't matter if other people have multiple friends; you may only ever need just one.

It doesn't matter if your experiences differ from others. The important thing is you have experiences of other things and memories to cherish and remember.

This is what these kids need to learn.

They all talk about being heroes. The ones to destroy evil and bring peace.

Yet their reasons to do it only revolve around it being a responsibility. A command by Lotus that they feel they need to follow.

Even now. Even when Lotus doesn't want them to, they still feel obliged.

They don't enjoy doing this... well, at least that's what you hope they feel.

You know it's part of them now. Being mixed with a Warframe has gifted them unimaginable power, and it's good that they think these powers should be used for good. But sometimes, not all good choices are the best ones.

You were often taught in school that being a bystander is almost as bad as the one doing it. "If Someone doesn't do anything, then who will?" as they often say. Though sometimes, standing still and doing nothing is good.

You don't always have to be the hero...

After a while of stargazing, you return back inside and see the kids all gone, having left the empty plates on the table.

A chuckle leaves your lips as you see they've left some for you.

But moreover, they seemed to enjoy it and the company they had while eating.

This is a good start.

The chuckle turns into a wide smile as you pick the plates up to clean.

Up in the room, the four kids are getting ready to meet Lotus.

You will love her! She's like the mother you never had.

Volt says, zipping around the room and around Rhino.

I can kinda tell already after hearing her earlier.

Rhino chuckled.

And... I uhh... never knew who my mother was... nor my father...

Then welcome to the team.

Don't Disturb The Kids (Warframe X TTIGRAAS)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara