Chapter 5

They're otherworlders...

Shizu thought. Her eyes darted, flicking between each of the kids who've unleashed power beyond what children their age can dispel.

How? It was known to be almost impossible for those without power to summon otherworlders. And even those who've held power had to gamble with the low success rate.

There are a lot of downsides to attempting it, and even after succeeding, you might get kids whose skills haven't even formed and are now burdened by bearing ridiculous amounts of magicule in a small body, making their lifespan depressingly short.

Yet this Caretaker, an average human who fell short even by rookie adventurer standards, stood there, trying his best to disarm the situation. At the same time, four completely perfectly summoned otherworlders circled him defensively.

Please, calm down! I haven't been truthful to you, I know. But let me explain so we can have this cleared out!

You flailed your arms aimlessly. Regretting ever letting the kids unleash their powers even if they did it for your safety.

Those are some peculiar kids!

A cheery voice commented. The adventurers all snap their attention at the source of the sound, giving you and the kids room to breathe.

Out from the shrubbery crawls out a blue slime.

A slime?

The adventurers wondered in unison as the small thing appeared into view.

Yeah. Got a problem with slimes?

The slime moved forward.

While the adventurers were confused at the talking slime, you took this time to check up on the kids.

You're not mad at us, are you?

Volt asked, looking down. You shook your head and ruffled his hair, getting a slight shock that made you pull your arm back in surprise.

No. This time, you were correct in handling the situation. And even if I was mad, it was partly my fault why you needed to use your powers.

I'm actually quite proud.

You tried to pet Mag's head but found the bones in your hand magnetized and repelled from her hair.

Since you admitted, it was your fault. I think it's my turn to be angry.

Mag huffed, looking up at you.

Your turn? Aren't you always angry?

Volt chuckled. Mag slowly turned around to face him, anger steaming off her head.

My point exact-

You annoying little brat!

Mag shouted while Volt zipped behind Rhino, giggling away as Mag tried to unleash herself from a bored Excalibur's hold.

You laughed at the scene. You felt someone tap your back from behind, finding it to be the blue slime.

Your adventurer friends here told me you needed a temporary place to stay?

...

You sat inside the makeshift tents dotted around this monster-based Kingdom in the making. Thankfully, the adventurers were separated from you because you could hear them from the other hut fighting like rabid animals.