02|| playing with fire

•Matteo De Luca •
Tw: there is mild gore in this chapter

"You know if you just got laid perhaps you wouldn't be so uptight," Zeek says while leaning forward to snort a line of cocaine off the coffee table, that was positioned in front of the sofa we were sitting on.

"What if he doesn't want to get laid Zeek, not everyone is a man-whore like you," Evelyn speaks up from the chair placed in the corner of the room, and Zeek gives her the finger.

"I least I get pussy, what do you get?" Zeek says as he's lining the powder into a line with his gold bank card.

Evelyn rolls her eyes with a disgusted expression on her face. "you know, you make being your friend hard."

With that, she stands up from the couch and exits the room and all Zeek does is chuckles.

"Why do you fuck with her like that?" I ask curiously. They fight very often, and by often I mean every day.

Upsetting her seems to be his favorite pastime.

"Hmm," he snorts another line with an emotionless expression. He sighs contentedly and turns to face me, giving me his full attention.

I placed my gaze onto his bloodshot eyes. He's going to kill himself one day.

"You annoy her all the time," I pause for a brief moment. "It seems like that's all you ever do," I told as I fiddle with the gold rings on my fingers, more specifically the ring with the De Luca pendant.

I hated this ring, I loathed what the thing stood for, and yet I can't find it in me to take the damn thing off.

He chuckles loudly and throws his head back. "Because she likes it" he replied with a breathy sigh.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "What?" I questioned, unable to comprehend what he was trying to communicate.

He gives me the look he frequently gives me, the look that says 'you're stupid'  He always converses with me in a certain manner, like he thinks he has to dumb everything down.

"She likes playing hard to get Matteo. Most girls do," He shrugged and makes a move to grab the whiskey but he was too slow and I grab it before him.

I don't drink or smoke very often. I don't have a problem with it either I just rather him not die from overdose in my living room.

"I'm cutting you off," I move the whiskey away from him and position it out of reach.

He rolls his eyes in annoyance. "Bitch," is all he says as he gets comfortable in his seat, as he does so Evelyn enters back into the room.

"Finally done playing with your pussy to the thought of me?" Zeek boldly asked.

His comment made my eyes enlarge slightly.

How could he say things like that so effortlessly?

Evelyn chorales before returning to her seat on the couch. "You wish, the only thing I do when I think of you is violently throw up" she retorted with a grin.

Evelyn has always been the type to fight back. She never let Zeek get away with anything, unlike all the other girls he gets with. She won't let him have his way with her. It's probably one of the reasons I like hanging out with her.

Zeek rolled his eyes and went back to contemplation
"I need to get laid," Zeek remarked.

Ew.