03|| brown eyes

"Kindness is about giving hope to those who think they are all alone in this world"

•Ace Fontaine•

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I speak as I attempt and put the stove fire out. The fire was small but a fire nonetheless. I'm a horrible cook and I'm even worse when I'm exhausted and mentally drained.

I tried to make myself some breakfast before I had to go endure an excruciatingly long day with Sergio and his men.

Last night around ten PM, Sergio's assistant called me telling me all the details about the meeting today. By details I mean she just told me there was a meeting and I was to attend.

She was exceptionally vague.

As I walk around the kitchen attempting to tidy up the mess I made I trip on a body laying on the floor of my kitchen. A Doberman's body. "Zeus seriously?" I stare down at the dog who just tripped me.

He eyes me weirdly before getting up and leaving me alone. I shake my head as I watch him run around in the living room.

I begin cleaning up the spilled continents and anything else that I dropped on the floor in my quest to feed myself.

I begin to wash the pan I used for my food before my phone blares loudly, shit.

I'm running remarkably late.

I move over to my phone and turn off the loud and obnoxious alarm, the alarm telling me that I'm supposed to be arriving at the training complex, not in my apartment building.

"Fuck" I curse out loud as I run into my bedroom in search of my shoes. I look through my various shoes from Jordan's to slides and my heels. I almost never wore heels but today was special meaning I needed to look decent.

I quickly strapped my heels on my feet as I'm running around my room with one heel on, making sure I have everything.

"Phone, documents, emergency lipgloss" I list everything I have as I rack my brain for what I could possibly be forgetting. "What am I missing– AirPods" I call out as I rush over to my bedside table and pick up my AirPods, shoving them in my purse.

Bending down, I strap the other heel onto my foot. Trying my best not to fall over.

I check my phone once more as I make my way out of my room, the new notification telling me that my Uber driver was here and waiting for me. "Fuck"

I walk into my kitchen once more to grab a breakfast bar and a water bottle before making my way to the door. "Bye Zeus, be a good boy for Mommy," I say before exiting my apartment.

I make my way toward the elevator and make a move to press the button to the bottom floor before someone else comes into the elevator with me. "Ace! What a wonderful surprise" Eddy chortled as if he wasn't standing outside his apartment door waiting for an opportunity to talk to me.

"Eddy" I press the bottom floor button and the doors begin to close, again.

"You look great today, where are you going all dress up?" He asked me with a crooked smile.

I give him a fake one back. "To work" I answered simply. Now I know you might be thinking, why am I being a bitch but in reality, I'm not.

"Ace we need to talk about our last encounter" he draws out slowly and carefully. As if he's frightened I'm gonna snap, again.

"Oh, you mean the one where you were forcing yourself onto a 16-year-old girl? Or the one where you stalked me, for an entire week?" I questioned and titled my head in fake curiosity.