13|| tease

"His eyes might not be the color of the ocean, but I drown in them every time"

•Ace Fontaine•

Small warning for this chapter ;)

"I've been terribly busy these past few days," I tell Evelyn truthfully.

I've been in and out of useless meetings with Sergio, encouraging him to raise the pay after I had a very serious talk with the doctor.

After long and difficult conversations, he'd agreed to my request.

Now I was ready to relax and take care of his son.

I hadn't seen Matteo in two painfully long days, but that didn't mean I didn't miss him.

I missed staring into his eyes as he tried to form a coherent sentence. I missed the proudness on his face when I'd make a perfect shot. I missed his pearly white teeth blinding me when he shyly smiled.

"So have you heard from Matteo?" I ask curiously.

Evelyn's face contorted into a happy expression, with a smile placed on her full brown lips. "Yes, he's been missing you." She responds with a nonchalant shrug.

Happiness blooms in my chest before I clear my throat. "Interesting," I say as I sip on my tea and glance around the cafe.

Evelyn lets out a soft chuckle as she sets hers down.

"Indeed," she smiles softly.

"So do you know if he's home?" I bring question as I bite into my bottom lip.

"He is." Evelyn nods in confirmation. "In fact, he's home alone right now," she keeps her tone tight and nonchalant as she speaks calmly.

My brows raise and my eyes scan her face. "You know," I state.

Evelyn lets out a loud chuckle, showing off her beautifully crafted teeth. "I know," she raises her brows in a teasing manner.

I roll my eyes. "Of course you know," a laugh of disbelief and amusement leaves my mouth.

She leans back in her chair and allows herself to get comfortable before slowly speaking. "You can't hide anything from me, I see all and I know all," Evelyn speaks confidently.

My mind drifts back to the boy with soft brown locks once again and continues until my little brunch/ date is over.

"You're heading back to the office?" I questioned as me and Evelyn walk to our cars in sync.

"Yep," Evelyn rolls her eyes in annoyance.

I nod and let out a hum.

"And you're heading to Matteo's I presume?" Evelyn chuckles similarly.

I playfully push her arm. "Shut up,"

She drops the topic and turns to face me. "Thank you for accompanying me on this brunch, I'll see you Monday at the training center,"