To Love a Villain

Where do you run away to if I follow you
If everything you know I already knew
Were I your shadow chasing after you
Were I a cloak of darkness in the light surrounding you

Say my promises are lies spun to deceive you
Say the venom in vial is meant to kill you
Will you draw your sword to pierce my heart through
Or will the dagger of my love finally stab you

growingupinsane

dedication
━━━━━━━━

To the one who has broken a heart & repented.

epigraph
━━━━━━━

❝My love will drown you to the depths of the sea.❞

description
━━━━━━━━━

Furat bin Kiyan, the fleet admiral of Al Andalus, is a spy and a rebel on a mission to kill the caliph of Cordoba and claim the throne for himself. But finds himself in trouble at the hands of Rahaf bint Motassem, the caliph's sister.

characters
━━━━━━━━

Furat فُرَات
fu•raat
meaning: sweet water

Rahaf رَهَف
ra•haf
meaning: delicate

excerpt
━━━━━━

"Do you want to hear the end of the story?"

"Yes."

"So the little boy grew up and killed the Caliph of Cordoba."

author's note
━━━━━━━━━━

Before you proceed, PLEASE NOTE THAT:

• This book is set during the Umayyad Caliphate of Cordoba but is not inspired from any real life events of the caliphs or the caliphate. The story is purely fictional and might not follow any particular rules of that time.

• The characters in the book are Muslims, but represent Islam in no perfect sense, so shall not be judged. The story contains many dark themes, villainy and deceit, with characters who defy true values of the religion rather than adhering to them. Do NOT mistake or equate their gray morals with anything related to Islam or Muslims.

• Your opinion is welcomed, but any hate is not. You can leave the story at any point if you do not find it to be your cup of tea. But please refrain from advising me or criticizing me over anything that you do not understand or like. This will not make me do it any differently.

• The credits for the photos and quotes/poems used in the book go to their original owners.

Happy Reading (: