Chapter 2

Taehyung placed his head on the alpha's chest and inhaled deeply. As they lay almost naked on the bed between the silky sheets, the alpha ran a gentle hand up and down Taehyung's back. "Alpha, do you like me?" Jungkook came to a halt and stared down at the omega on his chest. He stared uneasily at Taehyung and felt his throat becoming dry. "Don't get too flustered; I'll let you off now, but I hope you will like me soon because I truly like you," the omega chuckles, glancing at the alpha with a sly smile on his lips. Jungkook cradles the omega's face, "I still don't understand, my Luna; why are you like this?" He tenderly strokes Taehyung's cheeks, "I am not a good person; I am not worth appreciating." The omega approaches him and sits down on his lap, encircling the alpha's neck with his hands. "Nobody is perfect, my alpha. Everyone harbours inner demons, a side of themselves that is repressed in the deepest parts of their hearts and is never revealed to others. I assure you that there are worse people than you on this planet." The alpha gives a sour smile. "It's nice to hear that from my Luna, but it's not that simple."

Jungkook stares aimlessly and draws soothing circles over the omega's hips. "I've always been raised to kill. My parents had been killed in an unexpected attack by the Han Clan, which had devastated nearly half of our kingdom, and the remaining survivors had taken refuge in the Sequoia forest under the command of my uncle. "I was just four." He has a dead smile. "I don't even remember my parents' faces," Jungkook adds, and Taehyung's heart breaks for the young Jungkook. "My uncle was blinded by fury; he sought vengeance on the kingdom that had killed his brother. So, he began assembling his own army and trained me to be a brutal warrior. My uncle believed that my brother didn't have the necessary skills, so he focused all of his attention on me and trained and prepared me to be the ruthless killer he needed. He twisted and fueled the fire inside me, and before long, I became just like him." The chamber filled with the alpha's sour scent. Taehyung quickly held Jungkook's face against his chest, releasing soothing pheromones to calm the alpha. "It's alright if you don't want to talk anymore. Don't stress yourself."

Jungkook wraps his arms tightly around Taehyung's waist and buries his face more into his chest, inhaling the gentle honeysuckle scent. "No, my Luna, I wanna talk today; I've never had anyone to share any of my thoughts with, so now that I have you, I feel like I should tell you everything that's on my mind," he says, his voice muffled. Taehyung nods as he coddles Jungkook in his arms. "I killed King Han and captured their capital when I was 15 years old. I remember the victorious feeling I felt as I stood in front of the palace, drenched in blood, with dead people all around me. People looked at me terrified and my uncle looked at me with pride. That was only the beginning. My uncle's desire for power, combined with my adrenaline and valor, drove us to conquer land after land. I'll be bathed in blood almost every day. We defeated almost all the kingdoms and expanded our empire. But after a while, I began to feel a kind of strange feeling. While I was in the middle of the battle with the lunar kingdom, suddenly, the blood and the corpses nauseated me. I felt suffocated there. I might have died in that battle because of my recklessness, but Uncle saved me. He scolded me a lot for being absent-minded on the battlefield. Everybody was happy as they celebrated the victory, but I wasn't. I tried a lot, but I couldn't find any happiness. I felt like I had lost the direction of my life. I wondered what I even gained out of all this."

 Jungkook's voice breaks, and his eyes glisten. He slowly leaned back and stared at the omega, who was looking at him worriedly. "I refused to go to any war after that day; it led to a fight with my uncle. A few months after that, he passed away due to heart failure, and I was once again lost. I look around, and people are watching me with fear in their eyes and hidden disgust. "Even my own kingdom's people despise me," he says bitterly. "I love pups, you know? but the pups won't even come near me." Jungkook's lips wobbled as he finally broke down. Tears stream down his cheeks, and Taehyung embraces him tightly, his own eyes filled. Jungkook shakes violently as he sobs, hugging Taehyung tightly. The omega gently pats his back, controlling his tears.