𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘋𝘢𝘺

3rd person POV

Not long after, she heard the lock of his door twist and the door opened. She walked inside and saw Matthew sitting in the middle of his bed. She sat across from him and grabbed his hands, only for him to wince in pain.

"Sorry." She said looking down at them.

When she did so, she realized that he had beat the boy so badly, his knuckles were red with his own blood. There where a few small cuts on his hands as well.

"Let me clean them. The nurse won't be back until tomorrow and I don't want these getting infected." She said looking back up at him.
He did say anything back, he just nodded his head and she went into his bathroom.

She came back with rubbing alcohol, a rag, and some bandages.

"This is gonna hurt a bit." She dabbed the rag with the rubbing alcohol and started gently rubbing his knuckles with it.

"Fuck," He cursed.

"I told you to stop. I told you to leave it alone. Why didn't you listen to me?" She whispered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He responded back.

Ivory sighed and room went silent. She focused on Matthews hands to avoid looking him in the face.

Once all the blood was cleaned up and his hands were bandaged, she went to work on his face. She had to sit on her knees in order to see over the cuts.

"The cuts on your face are much more minor than the ones on your hands, so if you're lucky, they may heal overnight." She explained applying numbing cream to the wounds.

Ivory got off the bed and Matthew got up to change his shirt. Pulling one out of his dresser, he sat it on his desk and took off his previous one.

It wasn't until then that ivory saw the burns on his torso.

"Oh, Matthew." She gasped.

"Don't worry about it. I can barely feel the pain anyway." He said pulling the other shirt over his head.

"What do you mean 'don't worry'? Matthew those are bad burns."

"It's not that big a deal." He said turning towards her.

"So what, you want me to ignore that you got hurt?!" She shouted.

"It's what you wanted me to do!" He yelled back.
Ivory went silent, knowing he was right.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Matthew asked again, stepping closer to her.

Ivory didn't want to answer, but she knew she owed him an explanation.

"I was scared."

"Of what?" He asked confused.

"I was scared of how you'd react. I knew that if you found out, you'd get angry and something would happen. So I tried to hide it from you."

"Damn right something would've happened! I would've killed those bastards the second they stepped foot on the campus." Matthew explained slightly raising his voice.

"I know, that's why I didn't tell you anything!" She shouted turning away from him.

"You care about me so much that you're willing to get yourself hurt for me. And as much as I love you for it, I can't bear the thought of you getting hurt. Especially not for or because of me." She said on the verge of tears.

"Don't you get it? I'd go to hell and back for you. You mean the world to me and I'll be damned if those assholes think they can hurt you." He explained wrapping his arms around her waist.