XV| Arthur Leclerc

"Everyone likes me."

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🕊️🇬🇧⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ : Me and Rhythm
"I start to feel it now
Feeling like I'm truly free"

It was in Imola where Robyn Saunders realised she actually enjoyed the direct press; that meant F1 official media and those respected by them, sky sports included

It was in Imola where Robyn Saunders realised she actually enjoyed the direct press; that meant F1 official media and those respected by them, sky sports included. She liked that she didn't have to be serious and get harassed by them all the time. There were a lot of people, admittedly, but they were never rude because they had procedures. There would always be some that questioned more aggressively than they were supposed to but the majority weren't that bad.

She knew when the press would arrive and how long she needed to spend with them. That took a huge amount of pressure off. Everything was recorded so no one could miss-quote her either. Fake news stories couldn't be avoided but they weren't as violently impactful as Robyn knew other professions could be.

This would be the first sprint race of the season and Robyn had never completed one in F1 before. She'd always enjoyed the F2 sprints so she naturally assumed these would be just as enjoyable.

In less than two weeks, she would be in Miami. This meant she was finally going to be able to see Jamie Chadwick, the friend she had kept since the start of her professional racing career. Jamie was still in Indycar, having won the 2021 seasons but unable to get a seat elsewhere. Robyn knew she deserved one and she hoped someone else would realise that too.

It was all swimming around Robyn's head as she watched the Formula 2 from the track side, admiring the ways the cars wizzed past her. She listened lightly to the commentary as she glanced up at the board, seeing the familiar last name of 'leclerc'. Turning her head to the left, she saw Charles watching the race as intensely as she was. Slowly, she moved next to him and gave him a soft smile.

"I thought I recognised the name," Robyn joked as she caught Charles' attention. "I thought maybe there were two Leclerc families running around the world driving cars for a living."

Charles smiled,"It's my younger brother, Arthur. It's very early for you to be here?"

"I normally eat breakfast on track at about half eight," said Robyn. "I went for a walk around the town this morning while it was quiet so I'm early. Only two people recognised me so that was a win."

Charles nodded as he watched the cars speeding past.

"I have a really random question for you," said Robyn after a few minutes of watching the race. "I was creating media content this morning and came across a fan page...Why do people call you Lord Perceval?"

"It is my middle name, Charles Marc Hervé Perceval Leclerc and Carlos gave me the nickname," Charles laughed. "What is your full name?"

"Robyn Camille Leona Saunders," Robyn smiled,"My dad didn't want me to have two middles name but my mum is actually french, it's a tradition her family had over there."