• Confession •

Layla's POV

"I'll not kill myself don't worry," I told Sinn.

Last night he didn't let me away from him for even a second. He hugged me the whole night like I would vanish if he let go.

He stared at me thinking something in his head which I couldn't figure out.

"Go Yuri has been ringing you for the past hour. I'll be fine on my own." I told him as I went to sit in the living room and turned on the TV.

He kept staring at me standing near the kitchen island not uttering a word. I also didn't give him another glance and started browsing through the TV to put on something.

After a while, Sinn came to sit beside me on the sofa placing a plate of some fruits for me to eat.

I looked at him and he was staring at the TV now.

"Aren't you going to work?" I raised my brow looking at him and he turned his head to face me.

"I'm not going anywhere, Layla. Stop asking me." He deadpanned and I shrugged facing the TV once more.

We both were quiet the whole time. I didn't tell him to leave and he didn't say anything either.

It was the next day.

He didn't leave for work yet again.

I asked him if he would and he just gave me a plain no. After that, I didn't question him anymore.

The day after that he didn't go either. And it dragged till it was almost more than a week that he didn't leave for work and now I just couldn't take it so I encountered him.

"Why aren't you going to work it's been more than a week now?" He stared at me and didn't say anything.

"Don't think I don't know why you're doing this. Do you think I'll do something to myself like that time? It was just in the moment. It won't happen again I promise." I told him to reassure him and this time I saw the worry in his eyes.

"You mean it?" His voice sounded weak like my actions have been taking a toll on him. How could it not? I almost killed myself.

I sighed moving closer to him. I cupped his face with one of my hands and saw his eyes blink and he leaned into my touch making me crack a weak smile.

"I mean it. I'm not going anywhere till I ruin my old man. So don't worry." He looked into my eyes and pulled me into a hug taking me by surprise.

Cause if you know him, Sinn Phoenix is not fond of hugs or any physical touch. But he was hugging me at this moment and it was one of the most comforting hugs I've ever experienced after my mother's.

"Don't ever do something like that again. I'll never forgive you if you do." His words mumbled against my neck and I let out a weak chuckle in response.

But then I felt wetness against my skin and I froze on the spot.

It couldn't be. I pulled him away from me and saw tears drop from his eyes.

My eyes widened in shock and worry as I wiped them away and jumped to wrap him in a tight embrace.

"Fuck Sinn, I won't ever do that." He wrapped his arms around my body in response and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

I comforted him, my heart sinking seeing him this way but I didn't tell him to stop crying cause its better to take it all out. He'll feel better that way.

I don't know how long we were like that but when he finally pulled away his eyes were wet and red as he stared at me.

"I love you for fucking sake." My heart stopped for a second hearing his confession and I stared at him, my eyes tearing up hearing them.

"I love you too!" I pulled him to me and kissed him taking him by surprise this time but he almost instantly kissed me back.

We pulled away and I let out a deep sigh.

"Damn."

Sinn stared at me not uttering a word, he still looked depressed. My actions from last week have affected him as well and I regret doing it.

"I promise Sinn, I'll never do that. You can take my word." I told him and he stared into my eyes searching if he could trust me or not.

He let out a sigh before saying, "I'll take your word."

I smiled but he still had a sullen look so to cheer him up I decided to pull him onto the sofa in the living room and make him watch something to keep his mind off his thoughts.

When he noticed what I was doing he held my hand and made me look at him.

"Shouldn't it be me who cheers you up?" I narrowed my eyes at his words.

"You've done enough for me. And just being with you cheer me up but you need to go to work tomorrow. You promised me you'll help me take down my father."

His eyes were determined when he heard my words. "Leave that to me, I've ordered them to track him down. It'll be done till tomorrow."

"Perfect." I stared at the TV screen before continuing.

"Don't you want to know about him?" I asked him and saw him looking at me from beside me on the sofa.

"Only if you're ready to tell." I turned my head to look at him and smiled at him.

"I am."

And so I told Sinn everything my father did starting from the first time I could remember.

An; sorry for not updating in while. I'd also like to add that this story is about to come to an end.