XiX| Hottest place to be

▀▄▀▄▀▄ Bold is the commentators.

Italics is the radio.

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🕊️🇬🇧⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ : One of Us

"One of us would risk it all.

One of us won't even call."

If someone were to ask Robyn Saunders what her favourite state of America was, Florida would be a top one

If someone were to ask Robyn Saunders what her favourite state of America was, Florida would be a top one. Sure, being in Miami was fine and contributed to her liking the place, but Robyn adored Disney World and Orlando. She enjoyed the thrill of rollercoasters and feeling like a child with no responsibility now and again.

She realised that couldn't miss the opportunity to go when she was only in Florida for a short time and arranged it with Jamie far in advance...except that Jamie had another plan. She thought that Robyn should take Charles instead. Robyn wasn't sure that was a good idea.

"Robyn, this guy really likes you!" Jamie insisted. "I know you agreed to go bowling or whatever but that's so boring. You never have any fun and that poor Ferrari driver seems like he needs it too.  Spend some time without any form of competition."

"I don't have much of a choice, do I?" Robyn finally sighed. "Fine."

"You'll have fun," Jamie assured. "Now go out and win that race."

"Jamie, I suck at this track," Robyn whispered. "I hate it. Have I ever won here? No."

"You got third last year!" Jamie patted her shoulder. "Don't doubt yourself. Rookie or not, you're in a Mercedes, aren't you?"

Robyn laughed as she grabbed her helmet from the side table. The driver's room was reasonably small but it did the job of making sure she had privacy. 

Robyn Saunders was the type of person who would start with lots of confidence in anything she did but would lose some confidence if her scores didn't match up. She had found ways to cope with it, and few people knew she was like that. One thing she was always confident in was how safe she could drive. Even if she didn't think she could always win, she knew that it would always be fair. She didn't cause crashes, she avoided them.

On race day, it wasn't just staff and drivers that could be seen in garages and around the paddock...there were celebrities and fans too if they had the correct passes. While Robyn hadn't met anyone she knew well yet, she knew she would at Silverstone.

She couldn't help but be slightly in awe when Michael Jorden showed up at the Mercedes garage, just after Lewis Hamilton. She knew that the two were friends, or had at least spent time together in the past. Except, Robyn had no idea Lewis was going to be at this race as he only told her that he was going to Silverstone.