Chapter three

Steve is also running across cars. He spots a vest in the middle of a crowd.

"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload." Steve said.

"It's a trap." Fury said. and he was proved right.

Someone throws a bomb at Steve. It sticks on his shield. Steve throws it in the air and the bomb detonates safely away from citizens. Rumlow comes up behind Steve and punches him in the back.

"There you are, you son of a bitch. I've been waiting for this!" Rumlow said.

Meanwhile, Sam is still chasing the other mercenaries. Sam flies up and takes out his two, then searches their bags for the payload.

"He doesn't have it. I'm empty." Sam said.

"Shit" Sam whispered.

Natasha is chasing the soldiers through the crowd.

"Out of the way!" Natasha yelled.

She tackles one soldier and engages him in combat. When the other soldier arrives, she hurls a basket at him to distract him. She uses her skills to fight them and ends up face-to-face with one soldier. They point their guns at each other. A moment passes. Then, the other soldier produces the vial.

"Whoa you have to teach me how to fight like that." Lydia said to Natasha.

"Come find me after this." Natasha said smirking making Lydia blush.

" Drop it. Or I'll drop this. Drop it!" Mercenary #1 said.

"He'll do it!" Mercenary #2 said..

Redwing descends and fires at the soldier with the vial. He drops, and in the moment of distraction, Natasha fires at the other soldier, then catches the falling vial.

"Payload secure. Thanks, Sam." Natasha said.

"Don't thank me." Sam said.

"I'm... not thanking that thing." Natasha said.

Everyone laughed at their banter.

"His name is Redwing." Sam said.

"I'm still not thanking it." Natasha said.

"He's cute. Go ahead, pet him." Sam said.

Steve and Rumlow are still fighting, neither one seeming to have the upper hand.

"Come on!" Rumlow said

Rumlow pins Steve to a building and extends a blade from one of his gauntlets.

"This is for dropping a building on my face." Rumlow said.

"When did you drop a building on him?" Thor asked.

"Almost a year ago." Steve replied.

Steve grabs Rumlow's arm and pulls the gauntlet off, only for Rumlow to reveal another knife. But Steve bests him. Defeated, on his knees, Rumlow removes his mask, revealing a scarred face.

"I think I look pretty good, all things considered." Rumlow said.

"Who's your buyer?" Steve asked.

"You know, he knew you. You pal, your buddy, your Bucky." Rumlow said.

Bucky stiffened hearing his name.

"What did you say?" Steve asked.

"He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, "Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go." And you're coming with me." Rumlow said.

Bucky started to think about the time in HYDRA. All the torture and pain he felt.

He activates his bomb vest and Steve flinches as Rumlow's armor ignites, but Wanda keeps the blast contained around Rumlow who grimaces in agony. 

She lifts him into the air before she loses control, and the explosion finally blossoms, devastating entire floors of a nearby office building. Wanda sees what happened and is scarred by it.