•Chapter 37•

3rd person pov
****************
"It's just a feeling Yuri. I don't think I'm gonna like him at all". We were currently traveling back in time, to a younger Zannen, Gakuho, and Yuri. Yuri had managed to convince her doting boyfriend to meet up with her bestest friend.

"Zannen please just this once, If you say you want to leave after you've met him I promise we can leave okay?"

Zannen looked up at the dark clouds representing his gloomy mood."We could always turn back so I finally get to-" Yuri jabbed him in his stomach before he could finish, knowing exactly what he was going to say.

Zannen rubbed the spot where he had been hurt, knowing why she had done that, he had been staring at her lustfully ever since they left their home.

She had managed to ignore his lustful gaze and focused on meeting Gakuho. Zannen felt like he was obligated to meet Gakuho since Gakuho was important to Yuri, like a brother to her. So getting his approval was important before he proposed to her.

The thought of spending the rest of his life with Yuri put a smile on his face. A raindrop fell to his cheek, snapping him out of his trance. Yuri smiled at him and pulled him into the Cafe.

"You'll be fine Zannen, he's nice.....sometimes?" Zannen pouted and grumbled, it was odd for the young assassin to be pouting but Yuri just kept on bringing out sides he never knew he had.

"Gakuho!" Yuri let go of Zannen, whose expression changed from one of a pouting child to a stoic expression, one he frequently used when he tortured his victims for information.

"Yuri. It's good to see you" Gakuho smiled brightly seeing the short lady walk up to him before embracing him. His eyes looked past Yuri and onto Zannen who glared at him, he smiled at him as if mocking him.

"I want to leave" Zannen whispered to Yuri."You haven't even met him yet"

Yuri introduced Gakuho and Zannen to each other, they shook hands tightly as if trying to overpower each other with how hard they were gripping each other's hands.

Yuri sweatdropped at the intense handshake they were having before splitting them apart. She held onto both their wrists "You-You can let go now you two"

The two pulled apart and placed their hand in their pocket to soothe the pain from how hard the handshake was. They weren't going to do it openly because they wanted to intimidate the other.

Yuri started the conversation since both men didn't bother to. Surprisingly they were getting along well, until they weren't."And what do you do Zannen?"

"He's an uh-" Yuri panicked knowing he wasn't going to lie. She tried thinking of what to say but was cut off.
"I'm an assassin"

Yuri stared at him wide-eyed and facepalmed. "I don't think someone as uncoordinated as you should be an assassin" Zannen's head snapped towards Gakuho."What!" He glared at the brown head who simply smiled back at him.....mocking him. Gakuho knew he hit a nerve.

That was an insult to his life's work, how dare he call him uncoordinated. Knowing he couldn't even kill Gakuho with the butter knife placed next to him because there would be too many witnesses, Zannen just glared at the brown-haired teacher.

Yuri held onto Zannen pushing the butter knife, napkins even the bottle of condiments away from him.How was he going to turn a bottle of condiments into a weapon?Yuri wasn't ready to find out.

"Gakuho please be nice, it took a lot getting you both here. Can you both not argue for just one minute?" The two men looked towards the tired lady. She was getting a headache from their arguments.