𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

Cecelia exited her father's police car. The diner's lights stood out against the bright sunset sky. She pushed the door open and was greeted by Uncle Claude's familiar face. "Hey Cel...oh, and Dan too," he exclaims, noticing the officer.

Cecelia greets the dining staff before taking a seat. Her father sits across from her in a booth, glancing at the menu in front of him. "What can I get y'all?" a lady asks, seizing their attention.

"Hi Tina, I'd like some cheese fries, please." Dan responds as Tina scribbles down the order before turning to face Cecelia. "I'll take...a Frito pie, please." Tina completes the order before returning to the counter with the menus.

"How was work?" Cecelia asks her father while fiddling with her necklace around her neck.

"It was pretty good today, I had to pull over some kid today, boy did he have some attitude on him," Dan says to his daughter. Cecelia has a scowl on her face, he always thinks people have attitude.

"Why did you book him?" she questions. "Loud music, disturbing the peace." He responds while watching his daughter shake her head.

"I believe he was that new kid who is now living with Wes." Dan elaborates.

"Well...that explains it, I met him earlier today at the service." Cecelia elaborates "He seems fun."

"Well, unless your idea of fun is breaking the rules." Dan stated with a pointed look at his daughter. Cecelia responded with a frown. "Rules are meant to be broken dad."

⚜  ⚜  ⚜

ᴄᴇᴄᴇʟɪᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

I am forced out of my thoughts by the sound of a car pulling into a spot in front of me.

I pull my eyes away from the car before walking towards Rusty and Ariel. "Hey Cel" Rusty greets, I nod my head in acknowledgement before watching Ariel frown. "Seriously? Are you going to pout all day?" Rusty doesn't reply. "Look, I already said I was sorry."

Rusty sighs gazing at her friend, "Its Monday. Everybody gets a do-over." She playfully rolls her eyes as Ariel delivers a kiss on her cheek. I wish the real world was that easy.

"You love me" Rusty giggles. "I know I do!" Rusty exclaims.

My focus was pulled from the conversation as a vintage yellow bug pulled into the school blasting music. "Ren McCormack" I mutter as I watch him exit his car.

"That's the guy mum introduced us to yesterday isn't it?" Ariel asks me. "Yep, that's him" I answer, struggling to pull my eyes away from him.

"He's cute" Rusty says glancing at Ren.

I'm not surprised by this, a pig bathed in mud could be considered cute by her.

"Awe..He dressed up for his first day of school. That's so cute!" I giggle, he is definitely not from around here.

"That tie does not suit this school" I add as Rusty hangs off my arm.

"I like it and I'm going to tell him." Rusty replies before turning around. "Rusty no-"

"That's a nice tie." She smiles at the boy. "Hey, I mean it! Don't let anyone tell you different." She adds before glancing back at me.

Ren moves his backpack. "Thanks, uh.."

"Rusty"

Ren nods before looking towards Ariel. "It's Ahriel, right?"

She turns before lowering her sunglasses. "Its Ariel" she corrects as he nods.

I turn around separating from the girls, making my way to my locker.

"Wait up!" He exclaims over the crowd in the hallway. I turn around making eye contact with him "My names Cecelia Jamison, Cel will do just fine" I explain as the first warning bell rings out into the crowded hall.

He nods with a smile, "Don't get lost" I yell before turning back around, heading to my first class.

"Hey. Watch where you're going, little guy!" My best friend Willard yells out, I turn once more as I recognise the thick southern accent.

"Sorry, man. I didn't see you." Ren apologises.

"Yeah? Its like driving. Stick with the flow of traffic, numbnuts.

"Maybe if you weren't wearing all that camouflage I could see you." Ren defends. He has got a point; I stifle the laugh in my throat.

"You should get one of them orange vests so hunters don't shoot you." Ren suggests I giggle capturing Willard's attention as I quickly look down.

Willard looks at me displeased before continuing. "An orange vest?. I don't wear orange".

"I'm not a Tennessee fan. I'm a Georgia Bulldog" Willard elaborates as they step closer to each other.

"Where you from? You talk funny" He frowns. "I talk funny?" Ren asks.

"You should hear you from my end." He states I let out a giggle this is entertainment.

Ren grabs his bag, slinging it back over one shoulder. "I'm from Boston. Massachusetts?"

"It's in the United States-" Ren elaborates "Yeah I-I read that somewhere".

"Sure, you did" I state patting Willard's shoulder. He brushes it off before presenting a smile.

"What's up, man. I'm Willard." Ren looks down at his outstretched hand before taking it in bis own.

"I'm Ren, McCormack". "Nice to meet you" Willard states, looking at his time table.

"Let me see this, Literature and Composition, that's this way. Follow us" he says. I nudge Ren's shoulder giving him a smile before walking beside Willard.

"People give you shit about that tie yet?" Willard questions.

"Nah, but the day just started" Ren answers glancing at Willard.