𝓽𝓮𝓷

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

Woody, Ren, Willard, and Cecelia sat in the council hall. Ren had plans to start a petition to change the no dancing law of the town.

"The price of a dog license will go from ten dollars to fifteen dollars. A licensed pet is a happy one." Roger finishes. Woody turns around in his seat to face the other three.

"All right. Well, they just finished. If you was gonna make your move this is when you do it." Woody explains. Ren looks towards Cecelia before Roger continues.

"It is at this time we will take any new business or concerns. Just, come down to the podium state your name and address. Anyone?" Cecelia looked towards Ren sat beside her.

"This meeting is adjourned." Roger concludes pounding the gavel. Cecelia looks towards Willard. They shared a look.

⚜     ⚜    ⚜

The four teenagers stood under the staircase waiting for Reverend Moore and Roger to make their way down.

"Reverend Moore! Ren McCormack, Wesley's nephew." Ren states moving to join the two men. "Yes Ren. I know who you are." Reverend Moore responds.

"Yeah well I figured you did. Wes told me you two had a talk." Ren states. Reverend Moore shifts uneasily. "There was a conversation between your uncle and me, but uh, it was not meant for your ears." Reverend Moore explains. Cecelia looks towards the two boys beside her with confusion.

"There's a lot of that going on in this town. It's kinda like that saying. The one about the children. How's it go? " Ren questions.

"That they're better seen than heard." Roger answers. Ren looks back towards the trio watching him. "Yeah. Well, I just wanted to let you know I'm starting a petition to challenge the ordinance prohibiting public dancing. And uh, I just wanted to make my intentions were clear." Ren explains.

The two men nod before looking towards the floor. "Well....good day Ren." Reverend Moore states before turning to leave. Woody, Willard, and Cecelia make their way towards Ren, their faces wearing a smile.

"Hooey. Showdown with the preacher man huh?" Woody exclaims throwing an arm over Ren's shoulder. "You got balls the size of coconuts." Willard states.

"Listen to me you corn-fed hick. If I got to stand up in front of the city council and make my case, y'all gonna learn how to dance." Ren explains. Cecelia chuckles looking at Willard's face.

⚜   ⚜   ⚜

"Alright your not gonna tell anyone about this?" Willard asks. "I won't tell anyone." Ren states.

"I'm serious Ren-" Willard warns before getting cut off by Ren. "I'm serious. I promise, just follow the girls. They know what they're doing, and you don't." Ren explains as Ren's little sisters and their friends begin to dance.

"Woody anyone on the football team man, I'm serious." Willard warns as Woody mimics closing his mouth and locking it. "Nobody will know." Woody says before leaning towards Cecelia and Ren. "Everybody will know."

Cecelia chuckles. "You too Cel, don't go telling Rusty." Willard warns. "I swear on my life Will. On my life." Cecelia says while dramatically placing a hand to her chest.

Willard looks dumbfounded watching the girls dance and sing. "Don't mess around. Focus." Ren states in a stern voice. "Shake it." Cecelia states.

Willard begins to move his shoulders back and forth. "There you go. There you go."

"Good, good, more hips." Cecelia yells out as Willard goes overboard. "Less hips. Less hips." Woody says. The trio chuckle at the boy. The girls start jumping, Willard starts joining in.

"And we're jumping. And we're jumping." Willard says jumping from side to side. The boys chuckle as Cecelia jumps up taking the hand of the little girl sitting next to her.

"Lets dance!" She exclaims before joining the group and singing with a smile. Woody, Willard, and Ren laugh watching her mimic Willard.

⚜   ⚜   ⚜

Cecelia sits on the bleachers finishing homework as she watches Woody, his group, and Willard bounce in the middle of the field. She chuckles at how dumb Willard looks trying to act gangster.

"C'mon just bounce Willard. Get gangster with it, just bounce. Gangsters don't dance we bounce." Woody explains. Willard starts to bounce some more in between the group as they get closer and push each other around slightly.

Willard starts to get pushed and tries to fight them as Woody takes hold of him and drags him away. "Hey, we were just dancing man." Woody says.

Cecelia takes notice of this and begins to laugh loudly, so much that she nearly falls off her seat, while earning the bird from an annoyed Willard.

"Shut up Cel!" Willard yells towards the girl as she continues to laugh causing Woody to giggle slightly. "She's laughing at me Woody. Laughing at me." Willard complains to a giggling Woody.

"She's having fun man, let her laugh a little." Woody says between laughing patting Willard's shoulder. Willard looks at the man even more annoyed. Before slightly smiling. It was pretty funny.

⚜     ⚜    ⚜

Cecelia studied her science notes as Ren and Willard printed out copies of the petition. She looked up to meet the sight of a dancing Willard and a confused looking Ren. She stood up with a smile before opening the door to the copy room.

"You need some help Ren?" Cecelia asks the boy. He looks towards her with a smile. "Yes please Cel." Cecelia giggles slightly as Willard grabs her arm and spins her.

She turns her attention back to the copier before adding more paper and starting the machine. She makes dramatic jazz hands towards the machine as Ren pecks her on the lips. Willard begins to dance some more, grasping the attention of the librarian.

He points out the angry looking man before racing out the door. Cecelia quickly grabs her stuff from the desk before following behind them both.

Never had she had so much fun in the small town of Bomont.

⚜    ⚜    ⚜

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

Hey everyone. Sorry for taking so long to update this. I've been buys getting two new projects prepared. I'm starting a new TGM fic I the next two days so if you like TGM go check it out soon. I would like to thank you all for being faithful and not abandoning me. So, thank you. See you guys next upload.