𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

Cecelia sits by herself at a table, sipping on her ice cold can of sprite. She snaps her head in the direction of talking as she sees Willard and Ren making their way towards the table, lunch trays in hand.

"What you guys talking about?" Cecelia questions hearing the words Russia and Gymnastics.

"We're talking about Ren's trip to Russia for Gymnastics some years ago" Willard answers taking a seat next to Cecelia.

"Do you know anything about Russian girls?" Ren asks taking a sip from his juice bottle. "Uh, I know they range from bearded to drop-dead beautiful." He responds.

"Yeah? Well, I can vouch for the beautiful ones. Two girls from the Russian team, snuck me out of my room late night, they didn't have beards." Ren continues Cecelia tunes in, interested in how the story was going.

"They were smoking".

"What were they smoking?" Willard asks, Cecelia and Ren share a look as Willard catches on. "Oh, you mean like smoking hot. I'm sorry continue" Willard chuckles.

"So, we go to this club right, the music's banging and its pitch black. I couldn't see shit, just hot two girls drenched in sweat all over me. We danced all night."

"Great. What did you guys do after." Willard questions as Cecelia started to figure out what Ren was doing.

"Oh, come on. Look, down in the South, you cant start a story about a threesome and not finish it." Willard explains as Ren sips his juice before signalling them to move closer.

"It goes without saying, these girls are flexible. They take me into a bathroom stall. One shoves her tongue down my throat, the other ones on top of me. This girls a champion pommel horse gymnast. I'm talking killer upper body strength. Banging."

"This seems unrealistic" Cecelia mumbles. Willard shoots the girl a glare for interrupting.

"She's scratching my back and tearing my clothes off. And the entire time her friends whispering in my ear, "Hernnya." Cecelia lets out a laugh following along.

"What does that mean?" Willard asks, smiling.

"It's Russian for bullshit." Ren answers sharing a smile with Cecelia before taking a bite of his lunch.

"Why would she say that?" Willard questions watching the slight smile on Cecelia's face before realising. His face dropping.

"Cause your bullshitting me?" Willard deadpans

"Yup. Yeah." Ren answers. "But we did dance man. We danced our asses off" Ren adds. Cecelia nudges Willard before tossing her rubbish in the bin.

"That ain't right" Willard states.

Cecelia smiles at the pair. "Later guys" she says before walking out of sight.

⚜ ⚜ ⚜

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Yeah give it a little bit of gas." Willard says over the sound of a running engine.

"Yeah that sounds good, cut it." Willard instructs as Ren emerges from the car. "What's the deal with the preacher's daughter? She worth all that attitude?" Ren questions

"I hear back in the day, she used to be a goody two shoes. Now she fronts like she some hellraiser. Wearing her jeans tight and everything." Woody explains.

"You could put a quarter in her back pocket and tell if it's heads or tails." Ren chuckles. "Why? You're trying to knock boots with her aren't you?" Willard suggests. "No" Ren answers.

"Yes, you are. He is"

"I'm just curious. I ain't trying to bang her or take her ballroom dancing." Ren explains, taking a seat on the hood of the yellow bug.

"Well, that'd be pretty hard, being that that's against the law." Willard explains. "What banging the preacher's daughter?" Ren questions.

No, public dancing's against the law if you're under 18 in Bomont" Woody elaborates sipping his water. "Shut up" Willard and Woody share a knowing glance. "Wait, Wait, Wait. Jump back. Are you kidding me. Dancing is against the law?" Ren asks in disbelief.

"Yeah man we got laws up the poop chute around here" Willard explains. "No one was more crushed then Cel was when that law was made, she loved to dance." Woody says glancing at Ren.

"Yeah, for one I can't even bring a bandana to school, because they think I'm in a gang. If my face gets sweaty, I gotta use the back of my hand." Willard argues gesturing to his head.

"Let me tell you something, this country was built on Bandanas."

"So, you're telling me Bomont doesn't have a prom." Ren states. "Well, you know... they got the fall ball right? Ok. So, all the churches get together and put it on. The whole town shows up and everybody's eyes are on you. To make sure your dancing at least six inches away from your girl."

"But you gotta add another two inches for me though." Woody chuckles.

"And for one song, they make you... they make you dance with your mother. I mean talk about a boner killer." Willard exaggerates. "And the school says they don't want any dances on their property. They, uh... they say they don't want to be held liable." Woody explains.

"They don't want to be held liable for what?" Ren questions. "5 seniors died in a car crash coming home from a dance and that is when the whole town went crazy. They started blaming it on the liquor, the music, the dancing."

"After a while everybody started thinking dancing was a sin." Woody explains. Ren paces before turning back. "But we're talking about the law right? Not heaven and hell?" Ren questions.

"Yeah take that up with Reverend Moore... I'm a machine, I'm a machine." Willard states as he lifts weights.

Ren closes his car door looking out to the distance, an aggravated expression worn on his face.