003. (i hate you)

SCARY LOVE

CHAPTER THREE[irl]

CHAPTER THREE
[irl]

"i hate you"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

this chapter may be triggering for some ppl so i'll put a tw when it starts and finishes for ppl to skip it

florence absolutely hated going back to her house. since her parents divorce florence's mom had become abusive and aggressive towards her because she believed the divorce has her fault.

so, florence always found an excuse to be out of there. hanging out with her friends or having a par-time job but since her social media had grown she no longer needed a job, and all of her friends were busy right now, so she had no other option than being at her house. that's why she decided to stay locked out in her room unless she had to go to the bathroom or eat something.

she was hungry. but it was like 1am so her mom was probably sleeping. she went downstairs to the kitchen and started pouring some cereal into a bowl. until she heard steps coming her way. that's when she hurried up and started walking to her room as fast as possible to avoid any contact with her mom. "where do you think you're going?" flor sighed while turning back to face her mom. "why are you eating, it's no longer dinner time" her mom asked harshly. by her tone flor could tell her mom had been drinking. "why are you drinking, you have work tomorrow" she replied with the same harshness.

TW!

"don't you dare talk back to me like that." her mom started raising her voice. "you didn't answer my question" flor tried to not raise her voice because she knew if she did, an argument would start. "you didn't either" her mom said. "i'm eating because im hungry, why else would i be eating" flor replied. "well you definitely look like you shouldn't be eating, seriously florence why don't you take down some pounds, you're getting kinda fat. you're not getting a boyfriend anytime soon looking like that." her mom told her with a disgusted kind of tone.

flor's eyes widened brimming with tears, her mom started bothering her about her weight when she turned 12 years old since she "needed to be skinny for boys to find her pretty" as her mom said. she had an ed throughout all high school because of her mom's words. flor finally recovered when she told the triplets about it since they noticed something was wrong with the girl. the three of them helped her and supported her all the way and she was finally happy with the way she looked. but apparently her mom wasn't.

at this point, tears were already streaming down her face. "aw, why are you crying? are you going to the bathroom and throw up now?" her mom asked in a mocking tone. and that was it. flor was done. she was done of her mom just bothering her about every single thing that she did. so she just decided to tell her. yes, it would end up bad, but she had to get it off her chest.

"and what if i do mom? you won't even care. in fact you don't care about anything that is related to me, i could be getting drunk and doing drugs right now and you wouldn't even bother to ask were i am. and that's just because you're a selfish bitch. you don't care about anything that's not you or that stupid wine you're always drinking like its fucking water. seriously mom you are a drunk, you can't even walk properly. god i don't even know how you're managing to pay the bills." flor started. surprisingly, her mom didn't say anything. she just let her continue.

"ever since dad left you have been nothing but a shitty mom. you don't tell me you love me anymore. you don't even talk to me unless you're asking me to bring you a glass of wine or you have something to point out about the way i look. hell i don't even know if i can call you my mom anymore. you are the worst mother someone could ask for. the divorce was hard for me too you know? you're not the only one who lost dad. i was hurt too, but you wouldn't even give a shit about that because all you cared about was blaming me on dad leaving when it was your selfish attitude who did. you aren't just a shitty mom, you were also a shitty wife. and I have nothing more to say to you apart from the fact that I hate you" flor finished, slightly out of breath.

it had been a minute and her mom still wasn't replying, flor was scared that if she moved or talked she would start yelling but she still debated on going to her room. after another minute, she decided she was just going back to her room. she started overthinking all the things she told her so she felt herself getting anxious. "i'm just gonna g-" flor was cut off buy a sudden sting on her cheek. she realized her head was turned and she started feeling the burning sensation on her face, coming to realization that her mom had hit her.

"what the fuck is wrong with you" florence yelled with tears streaming down her face. "you don't get to talk to your mother like that" her mom said while pressing her finger to her chest. flor could feel her mom getting angrier by the second so she started backing away from her. "don't turn away from me, you're not getting away with all that yelling and shit talking you just did. you think you can just tell me that and get away with it? oh no, you're getting what you deserve. so don't go crying about that little slap i gave you. i could've done way worse." flor's mom taunted.

"you won't do it. you can't" flor said, starting to get scared by her own mother. "and why can't i do so?" she asks. "because i'm your fucking daughter" flor said making her way to the stairs slowly. "and why the fuck would i care about that" her mom yelled while throwing her glass at her. staining matt's hoodie with wine and broken glass cutting through her cheek, making it bleed. flor choked on her breath, knowing were this was going she just started running upstairs. "yeah go and run away like you always do, i don't even care anyways" her mom said while going back to her room and locking the door behind her.

"oh god please not now" flor said while she tried to catch her breath. she always had panic attacks after having a strong argument with her mom. she started to feel a headache coming up and knew it was going to get worse. so she did the only thing she could think about in the moment. go to the triplets house. yes, matt's hoodie was a mess, she had a cut on her cheek and a bruise on her face. but she could care less. she just needed to get out of there.

the triplets lived 5 houses down the street so she could get their quickly. when she arrived, she was feeling more anxious than ever and it was getting harder to breathe by the second. fortunately when she knocked on the door, the person she needed the most right now opened it. "flower? what are you doin- oh shit, what the fuck happened to you" matt asked her. "can't breathe" she replied. "wow ok, just come with me and we'll get through this together alright" matt said while guiding her to the couch in the living room. when he was sure flor was sat on the couch he hugged her, telling her to copy his breaths, pulling her closer with his hands on her back and whispering reassuring words into her ear to calm her down.

TW

after a minute or two he felt flor calm down and pulled away. he wasn't prepared for what he was going to see tho. when he went to look at her face, he's whole body stiffened seeing the dried blood on her cheek and the bruise that had formed on the other side of her face. "oh  god flower what happened to you" matt said while cupping her cheeks. "can we just talk about it tomorrow i'm really tired right now" flor sniffled while leaning towards matt's touch. "yes of course, we'll do what ever you want to" matt said standing up to take flor to his room.

———————————————————————
well that was something
im so insecure about this chapter lmao

matt + flor fluff next chapter to make it up to you

that's it thank you

-agu 💋