011. (girls night)

SCARY LOVE

CHAPTER ELEVEN[irl]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
[irl]

"girls night"
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

it had been a few days since they arrived la and madi invited all the girls for a sleepover so they could catch up. when they arrived they decided on watching a movie and after that just talk about anything and everything.

"so, how's life" madi clapped her hands. "any special boy or girl in there flor?" she asked with a smirk. "someone perhaps named matt?" rory spoke up. "yeah i think his last name starts with an s" sophia said. "guys there's nothing going on between me and matt, and i don't like him. we're best friends" flor said, wondering why they insisted on her having feelings for matt.

"the fact that you're best friends doesn't forbid you from liking him" sophia told her. "thats true, you can still like matt and be best friends with him" madi agreed. "i know that, i still don't like him. i mean i do, but not in that way" flor said. "so, is there any boy in your life madi" she asked. "what? why would you ask me" madi said annoyed. "because rory and soph are dating, who else am i asking" flor said in a 'duh' tone. "right. but no, there's no boy at all. im single and happy" madi answered.

"what are we going to talk about now" rory pouted. "what do you mean by that" flor asked. "well, the main topic of this girls night was to get you to confess your feeling for matt, but apparently their non existent. so" sophia shrugged.

"you guys only wanted a girls night because of me and matt?" flor asked. "uhm...... yes...." madi said. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS, THERE'S NOTHING EVEN THERE" flor said between laughs. "well it certainly looks like there IS something there" sophia told her. "how, we literally act like any best friends do" flor asked, genuinely confused because like there was nothing there. was there? "are you sure? like 100% sure" madi asked her. "yeah" flor said softly, not knowing why she hesitated and confused about the way it felt wrong denying it.

"ok, tell me something you like about matt. it can be more than one thing" rory said. they needed to prove their point some how. flor took a second in replying, she tried to think about only one thing but she couldn't help but think about a million things. what could she NOT like about matt?

"well, i don't know. to be honest there's a VERY long list. i don't think you guys have time to listen to that" flor said, still completely oblivious of what hinted that she did, in fact, like matt. "we have all night" madi told her. the three girls urging her to start.

"i guess i like how pretty he is. no. not i guess, i like how pretty he is. to be honest, i've never met a boy as pretty as him" she started. making the others to look at each other with an annoyed look. seriously how could flor get more oblivious. "his personality is fucking amazing. i like how he is always there for me, how he is the best human being ever. they way he smiles when i walk into the room, he thinks i don't notice but i do. he does it very often. the way his eyes light up whenever he looks at me. i like how he is so thoughtful, matt can literally tell you the most meaningful shit ever just because he always listen and thinks before speaking up. his laugh, it's so fucking cute and always makes me want to laugh more. the way he makes me the happiest girl in the wo-"

oh.

flor had just realized. she liked matt. and she was sure she had been for a long time.

"ok now i get your point guys, i guess i do like matt" flor admitted, making the three girls scream with excitement and laugh while they said things like 'i knew it', 'i told you' or 'seriously how are you this clueless'. "so, what are you gonna do now" madi asks her excitedly. "nothing. duh" flor says. "what do you mean nothing?? you can't just leave it like that" rory told her. "i know i can't just leave it like that but i can't like him. he's my best friend and there's no way in hell he likes me back. i wouldn't want to ruin our friendship because of that" flor said. making all the girl understand her reason but getting annoyed nevertheless because it was completely obvious matt felt the same.

"well, you do you. but you'll have to tell him someday. i'm sure he feels the same way" sophia told her matter of factly. "yeah, he obviously does" rory said. "how are you guys so sure?" flor asked them. "why would we bring up the topic then?" madi told her like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"i'm sure you got it wrong guys, he obviously doesn't like me back. now let's talk about something else" flor said, trying to already forget about liking matt. even if she had found out literally like a minute ago. there's was completely no possibility of matt liking her back, how could he? besides. they were best friends, flor couldn't ruin that. she had to get over this crush, and quickly.

what flor didn't know yet is that it wasn't just a crush, it was love. she still had a long way to go to find out about that though.

———————————————————————
ik this chapter is like not that long
but i rlly like it

ik they realized their feelings pretty fast but
theyre not gonna get together that easily
i have things planned

always remember to eat and drink smth!!

-agu 💋