XXii| The Sunglasses club

"You were saying?"

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🕊️🇬🇧⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ : FRIDAY

"It's Friday then
it's Saturday, Sunday, what?"

The most notable feature of the two Mercedes Formula 1 drivers were their appreciation of sunglasses

The most notable feature of the two Mercedes Formula 1 drivers were their appreciation of sunglasses. George Russell and Robyn Saunders were rarely seen without them, partly due to George's sponsorship deal with Police and Robyn's habits.

Robyn believed that glasses, including sunglasses, completely change the appearance of the wearer, much like hair does. Therefore, she always made sure to pick the right pair and when she no longer felt they served their purpose, she would get a new pair. The main reason she got rid of a pair of sunglasses? When she believed they were unlucky.

The Ferrari's had been particularly fast in Spain, giving them 1st and 3rd grid positions with Max between. Robyn found that Ferrari's upgrades put the Mercedes pace to shame and she had found practice difficult. When it came to qualifying, she had only managed to secure P5.

So, naturally, it meant that Robyn deemed her pair of sunglasses unlucky and needed new ones for Sunday. 

In an attempt to put effort into a new friendship, Robyn wanted to offer to spend part of her day with Mira. Robyn and Lando were great friends and it was a shame that Robyn and Mira barely knew each other. 

She remembered that Mira wasn't a big people person, not that Robyn would get offended if she denied her request otherwise, and kept it in mind when asking if the blonde gamer wanted to go 'sunglasses hunting' with her.

Her brother, Mike, didn't find that a good idea when he heard Robyn suggest it. The British driver found herself clenching her fists as she listened to Mike warn Mira of the 'dangers' like she was a five-year-old, though the blonde stood up for herself just fine. Mike still couldn't keep his complaining to himself.

Sadly for him, Robyn knew how to handle brothers being overprotective and didn't give up as easily as others did. In fact, Robyn waited for Lando to tell her when Mira and Mike were at breakfast before making her way down there. Daniel was also at the table with Max, the two chatting. Mira happily ate her toat while Mike talked to Lando about random things. Jamie was talking to George.

"Morning," She smirked, sitting across from Mike. "It's quiet in town today Mira, I reckon you, Jamie and I still go out while it's like that before the race, yes?"

Mike stopped his conversation with Lando and glared at Robyn. The female racer appeared innocent and the other drivers at the table knew Robyn wouldn't be passive-aggressive unless she meant well elsewhere. Mike was outnumbered if he didn't like Robyn.