♡ Chapter 2 ♡

~Later On~

With Only Tomorrow For It To Be Valentine's Day

The Queen And The Villager Helped Prepare Some Items For Their Festival

Inside Poppy's Pod, Poppy And Branch Were Fixing Up Some Treats For The Valentine's Festival Tomorrow.

With Poppy Creating Heart Shaped Cookies In Pink Frosting, And Branch Mixing Up Some Chocolate Fondue With Strawberries In A Bowl.

But The Only Thing On The Villager's Mind, Was The Guilt He Felt From Ruining The Queen's Other Valentine's Days Long Ago

Branch Couldn't Concentrate On Preparing The Chocolate Fondue, As He Kept Looking Up At Poppy Constantly, Thinking Of What Happened In The Past With Her Risking Her Whole Valentine's Day Just To Make Him Happy.

"Little Of That! And Little Of This! Some Sprinkles Thereee! And TADAAAA! VALENTINE'S DAY SUGAR COOKIEESSS!"
Poppy Shouted As Finished Her Baked Sugar Cookies.

"How's It Comin' Over There Branchifer?"
Poppy Asked.

Branch Snapped Out Of It And Went Back To Cooking.
"Oh! Um Great! Just Mixing This Spoon With The Fondue! See!"

Branch Grabbed The Spoon And Ate A Spoon Full Of The Fondue.
"MMMMM! Good Stuff!"

Poppy Went Over To Him And Tilted Her Head Next To His.
"Okay, What's Bothering You?"

"Nothing. What Makes You Think There Is?"
Branch Questioned.

Poppy Used Her Finger And Wiped Some Chocolate Off His Face.
"You Have A Tell"

Branch Scoffed.
"Pfft- That's Ridiculous. I Don't Have A Tell"

Poppy Licked The Chocolate Off Her Finger.
"Mhmmmm"

"I Don't!"
Branch Said.

"Your Right Ear Twitches When You're Bothered By Something"
Poppy Gestured.

"Oh Really? I-I Haven't Noticed.."
Branch Said As His Right Ear Twitched.

"🤨"
Poppy Raised Her Eyebrow At Him.

Branch Grabbed His Right Ear.
"HEH HEH, HAS A MIND OF IT'S OWN"

Poppy Crossed Her Arms, And Tapped Her Foot, Waiting For An Answer From Branch.

Branch Sighed And Put Down The Bowl.
"Fineeee. Hhhh...I'm Still Thinking About What Happened To Your Other Valentine's Days. You Know, With You Not Enjoying Them Cause You Were Busy Making Me Happy"

"Braaanchhh, I Told You It's Fine! That's Back Then, We're In The Present Which Is Now. So Let's Focus On It"
Poppy Told Him.

"But It Still Rings In My Head! You Should Be Able To Have Fun On This Holiday And Not Worry About That Gray Bum Who Was Me"
Branch Said.

Poppy Grabbed Branch's Face.
"BRANCH! Look, Maybe Those Other Valentines Didn't Go As Planned. But What Matters Is, We Get To Spend This One Differently And Together"