Chapter 7

*Wren's P.O.V*

I wasn't so surprised when there was a knock on my door early the next morning. I was craving more of Citra's blood, the taste of it was addicting. It was like alcohol in the way it made my head spin and left me feeling hungover after I drank it. Citra had left me with a whole bag of blood but I had already drank it.

I was only in a nightgown which was a bit thin but I didn't want to change right now. I just wrapped a robe around myself as I went to the door, peeking through the eyehole. There was Citra and she had brought her two wives with her.

One woman had tanned skin and light blonde hair that had been braided into a fishtail braid. Citra had told me that her name was Viola. She wore a white dress that had lace sleeves and lace all over it. It stopped just at the middle of her thigh and it had clearly been custom tailored to her body.

The other woman had dark brown skin and brown hair that was in faux locs. The locs had been pulled into a ponytail that hung down her back. Citra had told me that her name was Ife. She wore a plum colored dress that went all the way down to her feet, a slit that ran up her leg.

Citra was wearing a soft green dress that was a hybrid style of both her wives. It was thigh length and had a tiny slit that ran up it. I opened the door after a moment, looking at Citra. I stepped aside to let them in and Citra stepped inside first, inspecting my face and wiping a bit of blood off of my face.

"A lot of vampires can't resist when they first taste another vampire's blood," she chuckled as I averted my gaze slightly. "Wren, these lovely ladies are my wives Viola and Ife. My wives, this is little Wren," she said as she looked to her wives.

"Aren't you adorable?" Ife asked, her voice soft but a bit husky. I was quite thankful I couldn't blush or else my face would have been red.

"Don't tease the poor girl," Citra laughed softly as she smiled softly. "Would you like some more of my blood Wren?" she asked. I nodded instantly at her question earning a soft smile. "You must take your time on this bag, I know it is quite addicting," she said as she opened her bag, offering me the bag of blood.

My hands trembled slightly as I took it. I desperately wanted to sink my fangs into the bag of blood. Citra's hand moved to cup my face and her thumb stroked my cheek gently.

"You do quite well for a vampire who had never had to resist the blood lust," Viola informed me. Her eyes were soft and she looked almost maternal as she studied me.

"I forgot about that aspect of new vampires," Citra admitted to me quietly. "Viola won't let me live it down," she said. I looked at her curiously, wondering what she meant.

"Most new vampires need to be restrained after their first taste of vampire blood. Citra forgot about that when she gave you her blood," Ife informed me.

"Oh sue me, I forgot one thing. I'm a council member, I can't remember everything and you didn't even remember until this morning," Citra huffed softly.

"My love, you wouldn't have to worry about such things if you allowed me to be the one to care for little Wren," Viola said.

"Was there an argument about who got to care for me?" I interrupted hesitantly.

"Of course there was, there's bound to be when someone is getting the chance to watch to care for the newest vampire," Ife said simply as she smiled. I was barely able to focus on what she said since I was so tempted by the blood bag in my hands.

"They weren't serious arguments," Viola assured me. "Rock, paper, scissors is the most extreme of the arguing and both of my wives are sore losers," she said.

"Don't pretend like you didn't give me the silent treatment for days after I won," Citra said simply. Viola huffed softly as she rolled her eyes, taking my free hand.

"Come darling, I'm sure you're thirsty," Viola said as she pulled me deeper into my house. It was funny how she already seemed to navigate it even though she had never been here before. She took the blood bag from me, slicing the top part open and pouring it into a mug that she offered me.

I accepted it, bringing it to my lips and taking a small sip. The blood made me shiver as I looked at Viola, silently begging her to take the cup before I drank it all at once. She seemed to know what I was asking and gently took the mug from my hands. That was no easy task because my hands automatically tightened around it for a moment before I let her take it.

"It will get easier the more you get used to vampire blood," Viola informed. She reached out, checking for permission before she smoothed my hair back. "I can see why the Council was so interested in you, you're adorable," she murmured. I bit the inside of my lip at her comment.

"Don't embarrass the poor dear Vi," Ife said as she spun into the kitchen. "I agree with what you said but you can tell that poor Wren doesn't want to be seen as adorable," she commented, making me nod my head in agreement. "See," she smiled smugly as she flicked her wife's arm, laughing when Viola spun around and pulled her into a hug.

"Swear you two get more childish by the day," Citra commented as she came into the kitchen. Viola rolled her eyes as she rested her head on Ife's shoulder.

"You're just jealous," Viola teased softly.

"You'll get used to these two's antics over time," Ife promised me as she broke free from Viola's hug. "Would you like me to go over more vampire laws with you?" she asked quietly, offering me her hand. I nodded my head as I took her hand, pulling her into the living room. I sat on the floor as I flipped through the binder, turning and handing it to her as she sat on the couch.