Chapter 9

*Wren's P.O.V*

When I woke up, there was the most delicious scent that was in front of my nose. I whine softly as I open my mouth and my fangs barely miss whatever is in front of me. I open my eyes as I pout at Citra who was dangling a bag of blood in front of me.

"That was rude," I speak after a moment as I push myself up, not sitting up fully and using my arms to prop myself up. My eyes were solely on the bag of blood and I felt a deep urge to rip into the bag in front of me.

"You were sleeping for so long, I had to find some way to wake you up," Citra says. I lunge for the bag of blood before she could say anything else, my fangs ripping into the bag. I grab it from her hand as I drink from it hungrily.

"Slow down," Ife's voice cuts through the blood haze that is in my mind and I feel some tugging the bag free from my lips. I hiss when she takes it, leaning after it before I feel a hand on my shoulder keeping me from chasing after it.

"Give it back," I whine as I look at Ife before glancing back at Citra whose hand was on my shoulder. "I want," I whisper as I reach for the bag.

"You have been sleeping for several days, you can not drink so fast," Citra informs me. I frown at her words before they hit. My eyes widen as I suddenly move towards her, getting out of bed. I felt so well rested and now I knew why.

"How long?" I ask as I grab my phone from my nightstand. Blood still stains my mouth and I wipe it away with the back of my hand.

"Three days," Citra answers. "I can not blame you, you newborn vampires always need sleep after actually being fed for the first time in your life," she says.

"That wasn't the first time I've fed," I roll my eyes as I unlock my phone.

"It's one of the first times you've gotten blood that had enough nutrients for your body," Citra says quite pointedly. I huff, seeing a bunch of missed calls and texts from Ezekiel. He seemed really concerned so I press call, turning my back to Citra as the phone rang.

"Thank god you called me, I was worried," Ezekiel rushes to say as soon as he picks up.

"I know, I am so sorry. My phone had to be fixed and I only just got it back," I say with a soft smile on my lips. It was sweet to find out that he was so concerned for me. No one had ever been so concerned for me before.

"Well I came by your apartment a few times, you didn't answer. You really worried me," Ezekiel says.

"I am sorry Zeke, that was never my intention. I have some...relatives in town and so I have been quite busy with them. You know how the older generations are," I smirk as I take a glance back at Citra who narrows her eyes just a little bit while tilting her head just barely.

-"Well maybe I could swing by later and meet these relatives of yours," Ezekiel says. I can hear shuffling in the background of the call but I ignore it, focusing on his voice.

"I do not think that would be a good idea. You still haven't even let me meet your dad, why would I let you meet my...aunts?" I hesitate for just a moment before making something up. I was always good at lying, it was a good skill to have.

"I have told you my dad is a hardass! I just don't want you to have to deal with his judging," Ezekiel states. He sounds slightly amused but I can tell that he also is serious at the same time. I roll my eyes as I try to ignore the shiver that runs down my back.

"I think I can handle his judging, he won't be the most judgmental parent that I have met," I promise. I hear something in the background and then Ezekiel sighs.

"I have to go, I'll call you again," he promises before he hangs up. I sigh as I set my phone down, squeaking when I bump into Citra who is standing behind me.

"I do not think I have ever been disrespected by one so young before," Citra says behind me. I pause at her words, slowly turning around to look at her.

"I do not think I was disrespectful to you at all madam," I say quietly, not looking her in the eyes. I didn't like making eye contact with people, it felt weird to me to look people in the eyes, especially older people.

"You roll your eyes, huff and then ignore me. You do not think that is rude?" Citra asks as she raises an eyebrow. I shake my head, moving to step back from her. My legs bump against the nightstand as I glance up at her through my eyelashes.

"I had to call Zeke," I say just as Cassiopeia comes into the room. I look to her for help as she sips a glass of blood, raising an eyebrow when I look at her.

"Who is Zeke?" Citra asks curiously as I slowly edge away from her and towards Cassiopeia.

"My boyfriend, Ezekiel Hulls," I state with a small smile as I glance at Citra. Glass shatters on the ground and I turn to see Cassiopeia staring at me, the glass she had been drinking from shattered on the floor.

"You are dating a Hulls?" Cassiopeia asks as she moves towards me much quicker than I was comfortable with. I nod my head, feeling my fangs dig into my bottom lip as I shift away from her. "You call him and you break up with him, now," she orders.

"What? No way! Why would I do that?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow. I was in disbelief that she would ever say anything like that.

"Because you can not date the son of a vampire hunter," Cassiopeia hisses. Her words sent a shiver through me and I met her gaze after a moment.

"What?" I ask quietly as my legs give out from underneath me.