xi. | i'm coming back to haunt both your asses

Disclaimer; I don't own Supernatural. What else is new?

Bloody Mary; Part Two
_________

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

THE PRINTER MADE TOO MUCH NOISE, Emery couldn't concentrate with it going off. Dean was printing page after page, and she couldn't finish the chapter she so desperately wanted to finish in Dead in the Water; the third book in the Supernatural series.

She already knew that Dean was (obviously) doing a nation wide search for any Mary that was murdered in front of a mirror.

Emery tried so hard, so very, very hard, to tune out the boys conversation, but it was harder than it seemed. Especially when they both talk like they are in different rooms. How the two can ever be stealthy? Emery wonders about it everyday of her life.

The brunette sighed and dog-eared her page, before slamming the book shut. She tuned into the conversation then, and Sam was going on about how mirrors show the secrets of the soul. Emery shivered at the thought. That would be very awkward if they had decided to blab about her one day.

"... That's why it's bad luck to break them," Sam finished.

"Right, right," Dean agreed. "So, maybe if you have a secret, like a really, really nasty one where someone died, then Mary sees it, and punishes you for it."

"So, she's killing you for killing someone else?" Emery asked. Sam and Dean nodded in agreement.

"Take a look at this," Dean stated, before he clicked on something on the laptop.

Suddenly, the annoying printer that Emery wants to smash started printing again, this time something about a girl named Mary. The page was mostly a picture along with a murder investigation about a Mary who was murdered in front of a mirror.

Emery rested her chin on Sam's shoulder, looking at the pictures from there. Her hand reached forward, pointing to the handprint that was stamped on the mirror in a picture. It was resting above a 'T-R-E'. Sam nodded in agreement.

"Looks like the same handprint," Sam stated, Emery nodding on the man's shoulder.

"Her name was Mary Worthington, an unsolved murder in Fort Wayne, Indiana," Dean stated. Dean gave the other two looks, and Emery sighed. Another road trip, yay!

☪✡

"I was on the job for thirty-five years, detective for most of that. Now, everyone packs it in with a few loose ends, but the Mary Worthington Murder, that one still gets me," the detective working the old case explained.

"What exactly happened?" Dean asked, walking around the detective's den.

"You three said you were reporters," the dark man stated, narrowing his eyes a bit.

"We know Mary was nineteen; lived by herself. We know she won a few local beauty contests; dreamt of getting out of Indiana; being an actress. And, we know the night of March 29th, someone broke into her apartment and murdered her," Sam listed off, looking at the list of information in his hand.

"Sliced her eyes out with a knife," Emery finished. "Said on one of the reports it was pretty precise too."

"That's right," the man said.

"See, sir, when we ask what happened, we wanna know what you think happened," Dean explained.

The detective's eyes flickered from Dean to Emery before he went to get something. Emery heard a drawer open and shut, before the detective came into view with a box.