don't forgive- forget

newts POV:
tommy had been overly stressed recently. i was leaning against the doorway with a cup of tea watching him. he was sat on the couch bouncing his leg up and down repetitively whilst biting at his nails. he really needed to forget about the pack and their wrong doings, he needed to spend more time with us instead of stuck in his own head. he needed to get incredibly drunk.

i know i know alcohol doesn't solve your problems, but it lets you forget about them for long enough to stop caring. and from the look on tommy's face he really needed to forget some stuff. luckily for him his family were the best people for situations like this.

i gestured everyone into the kitchen aside from tommy- he was too caught up in his thoughts to notice their absence anyway. i easily got them all on board with my plan. lets be honest it doesn't tke much convincing for our group to get drunk.

"okay we need to do some stupid klunk with tommy so he can drink his worries away"

i stated, the group nodded with grins.

"i can start making my special drink now- if we have all the ingredients that is"

gally offered

"okay so aris and gally can go pick up the necessary supplies along with a bunch of frozen food, vodka, whiskey because we all know thomas' love for whiskey and any other drinks you two deem necessary"

Minho ordered.

"the rest of us just need to put anything useful for tonight in the car. an i mean Anything"

just then noah stepped into the room.

"i hope you all are talking about getting an early nights sleep for school tomorrow. not going out partying on a school night"

he said rasing a accusatory eyebrow at us. sometimes i forget hes the sherrif.

"yep. just talking about an English essay we care heavily about"

i smiled sweetly at him.

"not buying it for one second. i suppose if it helps tom then fine but find a solution that doesn't involve sneaking out... or drinking underage"

as much as im sure I would feel guilty at some point, this was more important- so I guess we would just have to make sure noah never found out. we all broke into grins and nodded. gally and aris left quickly whilst the rest scattered around the house for supplies. i watched as they snuck out the house with fireworks, pool floats, water ballons, a shucking tyre where did they get that from? rope, tons of glow sticks, pillows, blankets, strings of fairy lights, brooms, bed sheets and... a surf board? oh god what were they planning.

instead of getting caught up in whatever they intended to do tonight (a medal to anyone who can guess their plans and i'm serious) i moved to sit next to tommy, i took his hand and squeezed it lightly.

"are you alright?"

i asked carefully, worry was etched onto his features, he relaxed slightly.

"yeah... yeah im fine... just the pack yknow- im conflicted on weather or not i should tell them anything"

i sighed. it hurts when he drops my hand or moves away from me at school when he sees the pack but i guess i can understand. hes not out to them at the moment and from the fight i don't think they would be the most supportive. i hated being a secret it felt wrong. for tommy id wait though.

"lets not worry about that... lets worry about how we can sneak out the house... undetected"

i joke lightly, his eyes glint in amusement and i can tell hes already caught on.

"through my window. easy as anything"

i broke out in a grin. i couldn't wait for later.

-

noah had stopped moving around about thirty minutes ago so it was a pretty safe bet, Thomas went first, he jumped out the window and rolled onto the ground smoothly followed by Minho who was just fine and then gally who had not such a graceful landing on his face- definitely did pre shots with aris who was swaying ever so slightly. the rest of the gladers filtered out until i was sitting on the window sill.

"drop. ill be your prince charming"

tommy whispered from below. i smiled and pushed off landing safely in his arms.

he smiled at me and pecked my lips, gally groaned in irritation.

"stop being in love and hurry up"

he whisper shouted.

we all helped push the jeep out of the driveway and about fifty metres down the road before we deemed it safe to go. everyone piled in like usual, it was much harder than usual due to the insane amount of stuff in the car but we managed. then tommy tunred on the ignition and the jeep orared to life, he careened down the roads with the headlights still off. i clung to the bar above my head. 

i already knew we would not be able to drive home.

sorry short chapter r i'm on holiday w no data or wifi had one bar so hopefully this sends