ch. 2

-☆-

present time

" Look what I got! ", Jimena screamed jumping on her best friend's bed. Mariana stirred in her bed sheets waking up, "What? It's 8:13am", she groggily replied. "2 VIP tickets to Atlético Madrid vs Barcelona!", Jimena shouted.

Mariana started to sit up on the side of her bed, "That's nice", she responded not really interested in talking about sports this early in the morning. Jimena looked at her a bit confused because she seemed unfazed, " Aren't you excited? ".

"I am but I'd like to go back to sleep.", Mariana said laying back down on her bed before pulling the sheets on her again. Jimena nodded and left the room closing the door behind her.

Atlético Madrid vs Barcelona; 3:00pm-4:35pm

The two best friends sat down in their designated seats and waited for the match to start. Everything was going well until João and Gavi were shoving each other around. Mariana is in a some sort of situation ship with Gavi, they're unlabeled or undefined.

Gavi knew about her past friendship with João and felt jealous because he felt there was something else going on from where Mariana and João left off. She had tried to reassure him that nothing had been going on when they were teenagers but he had always felt like João had a place in her heart that he could never be in.

The match ended resulting in Barcelona winning 1-0. Mariana left her seat after informing Jimena that she'd meet her at their shared apartment in a bit. " Excuse me, have you seen Gavi? ", Mariana asked a security guard.

The security guard escorted Mariana into a hallway with a sign saying "Locker rooms ". Mariana waited for a bit while pacing until she bumped into someone.

"Oh meu Deus! Mariana is that you?", she heard.

"João? It's been years since I saw you, how's everything?" Mariana asked still shocked.

He smiled, " Everything has been great." João pulled out his phone and frowned, " I've got to go, I've got an important dinner in an hour but if you'd like, we can exchange numbers to catch-up later?"

Mariana smiled, " Sure, here. ", she gave him her phone and waited for him to type in his phone number.

" Tchau Mariana! ", João grinned.

" Tchau João", she replied.

Mariana checked her phone and saw that João had saved his name as "João💞".

He hasn't changed.

-☆-

mari.machado added to their story. 👋

⚫️⚪️

⚫️⚪️

⚪️⚫️

⚪️⚫️

-☆-

AUTHORS NOTE

AUTHORS NOTE

- short chapter + dont really know where this is going but i'll try to make it work