Valentine's Day Shenanigans

I started this over two months ago because Silmarilz1701 did something similar with her OC couples for Valentine's Day, and I got all jazzed up to follow suit before my interest levels (predictably) migrated elsewhere. Well, they eventually migrated back around, so... enjoy a lil overview of seven of my dear fictional couples ^.^

I'm not good at the aesthetic thing like Silz is but I'll grace you all with Picrew art versions of my couples, alongside my happy outline of what makes their relationship special to me.

Fred Thorne and Fiona Segelas
"The Innocents"
Featured in: The Village, The War, Sorrow and Song

Fred and Fiona are the OG couple, one of the first Legea romances to exist as a concept and my first real attempt at writing romance

Fred and Fiona are the OG couple, one of the first Legea romances to exist as a concept and my first real attempt at writing romance. Some early-draft melodrama notwithstanding, I wanted to give this beloved pair a gentle road, and they walk a gentle one indeed toward their growing feelings for each other.

Fred Thorne and Fiona Segelas are both remarkably genuine people: it's part of what makes them connect so well, and it gives rise to a relationship founded on transparency and wholesome communication that was absolutely DELIGHTFUL to explore.

Neither is indifferent to each others' physical attributes, but for both it begins on a level of aesthetic appreciation, as they're similarly attuned to finding beauty in the things around them for its own sake. Fred, four years older and secure in his own identity, is the first to feel the pull of a deeper attraction, and more ready to acknowledge his developing feelings for what they are.

Fiona, clinging to old memories of her native land and the childhood that belongs to them, insecure in her own mind and her place among others, lingers in that realm of friendship-only. She does not at first have room in her mind for more, because Fred, for her, replaces the childhood friends and loves she left behind. But she is not a child, and in the end her wholehearted emotional commitment will not stay in stasis.

They're incredibly wholesome, just a little self-conscious, and so utterly authentic. Maybe it's Fiona's quick blushes that do it for me, maybe Fred's chaste forehead kisses. They're innocent and charming, but there's no doubt as to the sacred reality of their union.

She is truly his beloved, and he is hers.

Holwena, Queen of Rothalon, and Lord Riharis of Edel Hag
"Arranged Marriage"
Featured in: Flare in the Darkness

Holwena, Queen of Rothalon, and Lord Riharis of Edel Hag"Arranged Marriage"Featured in: Flare in the Darkness