XXiii| Expectations

Over the phone: Bold

French: Italics

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🕊️🇬🇧⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ : Maybe you're the problem?

"And I think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
Baby, maybe you're the problem"

Robyn Saunders was the type of person who spoke her mind, especially when it was going to protect her friends

When Lando had expanded his situation — Mike had managed to persuade Mira not to travel with Lando despite wanting to — Robyn knew she could help. Every time Lando had come close to Mira agreeing to his plan, Mike would appear and put an end to it.

Robyn and Mira had formed a nice friendship by the end of the weekend, finding that their opposite personalities clicked. Robyn was the extroverted friend who was able to voice the opinions of the introverts — like Yin and Yang.

It was clear to Robyn that Mike was a little self-absorbent and liked to prove people wrong, which worked in her favour. She suggested that if Mira found travelling with Lando bearable until Silverstone, Mike had to stop getting in the way of everything she did...at least, he agreed to it for now. Roybn confirmed she was a certified persuaded and felt good about the fact Lando and Mira could leave their lives like adults.

The next race was Monaco so Robyn was flying out a few days before George to visit her grandparents in Nice. She didn't visit them very often as she had little time and she didn't particularly enjoy the company of her grandparents; she visited them out of respect and to keep their relationship with Robyn's mother more civil.

Robyn's grandparents, Octave and Ezno, were incredibly strict people. To Robyn's amusement, they didn't like the English much so when they heard their only child married an English man, they weren't happy at all. The situation was made worse when they found out their only daughter was moving to England full time and their grandchildren would be born in England.

Over the years, Octave and Ezno had pushed their grandchildren away with the way they treated them. Oliver and Ashley had never picked up on French as well as Robyn had and, since their grandparents refused to speak English, conversations were dull.

They lost affection for Oliver when he became a biker, claiming it wasn't a real career and he was putting too much stress on his mother. They tried to persuade him to marry someone French to 'make up for it' but Oliver was already dating Corrine.

For a little while, they liked to bask in the fact Ashley was a millionaire...until they released she was that way because she was a pop singer. Octave was extremely traditional and believed 'pop music' was for the 'troubled youth' — Robyn wasn't sure where she got that idea — and cut Ashley out too.