Best Laid Plan |5|

It was late when I got Poppy tucked into bed and changed into a tank top and sweats

It was late when I got Poppy tucked into bed and changed into a tank top and sweats. I spend most of the night editing videos while Poppy sleeps over my desk in her room, and a strange man is passed out on my bed. It's hard not to glance up from my chair and stare over my monitor. Mr. Son's fair features are haloed by the silver-blue moonlight filtering into the window, highlighting his perfect features.

In all my years, I've never seen a human as beautiful as him. His sharp jawline could cut glass, and his full parted lips beg to be touched like a sleeping beauty needing a kiss to wake him.

If Cordy finds me repulsive, then someone like Mr. Son definitely would, especially after my little mishap.

I should think of ways to free him from Timber instead of creepily drooling over him while he sleeps. I can't help but wonder who he was meant to look at before I made the shot. What beauty was going to take his heart forever?

The arrow I pulled for him wasn't the simple puppy love or the infatuation that can fade. It was true, deep love. The kind of arrow that, if it does get dislodged from the heart it's painful and leaves scars.

The kind that I can't just walk up to Timber and jerk right back out. My stomach sinks.

What am I going to do? The arrow wasn't meant for her, s the barbs shouldn't have sunk in as deep. That doesn't mean it won't do damage, but it's not substantial feelings.

An idea click like a light bulb, and for the first time since last night, I feel like I might have a simple answer. I'll just need to wait until Poppy walks up.

With newfound hope, I can power through my work and get my latest video posted just as dawn breaks through my window. My apartment fills with warm orange light, promising it's going to be a warmer day compared to what it has been in weeks.

The glow kisses Mr. Son's face, stirring him from his slumber as I check on Poppy.

My little pixie is still tucked into her bed that I make out of an old bracelet box. A thin tan leg pokes out from under the handmade blanket I sewed for her, and her spindly arm flops over her head, tangled in her vibrant green hair.

"You're back." Mr. Son's voice is still gravely from sleep. "Did you find anything helpful?"

I drop back on my heels and shack my head. "No, but I have a plan. As soon as Poppy wakes up, we can get started on it," I whisper.

Mr. Son's gaze shifts from me to Poppy's brass birdcage before scooting to the edge of the bed. "Sorry for taking your bed, Poppy was supposed to wake me when you got back."

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Son." I scoot out from behind my desk and cross the narrow apartment. "I don't sleep, the bed is just for show when my neighbors peek in."

I look over my shoulder and pick up the bag from last night. "I think I have some instant coffee. Would you like a cup?"

Mr. Son nods his head before running his hand through his messy hair. "One of your neighbors dropped by last night," he tells me.