Fatherly Visit |7|

"Isn't that illegal?"  Poppy asks as I mutter out my plan B

"Isn't that illegal?" Poppy asks as I mutter out my plan B.

Anteros is one of the original seven and a member of the family council. Apparently, if the original cupid, Eros, wrote the book on love, the Anteros wrote the series on heartbreak.

"Aren't fletchers the only ones supposed to make the arrows?" She asks.

"Technically yes, but how hard can it be?" This is the only plan I can come up with. This has to work. "Worse case scenario, I kill her." I joke, but Poppy's grimace tells me that's exactly what she's worried about.

Poppy shakes her head, "I don't like it, and I'm pretty sure Kiki won't like it either."

"Kiki's going to have to deal," I snap and slap my book closed. "It's Valentine's Day, and trying to hit my appointments while babysit him to make sure I ward off the crazy lady. I almost missed two appointments yesterday, Poppy. This is my heavy season, so I can't keep up. It's the downfall of being a minor goddess. Omnipresent is not available."

A frown crosses Poppy's face. She's probably sniffing out my lie. If anything, my appointments have slowed down, and I can't help but wonder if that's on purpose. Are they catching on to my screw-up?

"Kiki went off on his own tonight," she points out and reminding me that my apartment feels empty without him here.

"He had plans, Poppy. Most people do on this night." I just wish the idea of him going to a Valentine's Day party didn't bug me so much. It's probably because he claims to need me for protection but yet can go to a party on his own.

I hope he does run into Timber tonight. It'll serve him right for playing me.

Irritation scratches its way across my skin when I think about him dancing with Timber if they do happen to run into each other.

"Boys are stupid," I snap.

Poppy's green brows rise in shock as she sips sugar water from the toy teacup Kiki gave her.

I drop back in my seat and snatch up the priest romance book I bought from his store, and crack it open.

bought from him.

"Sounds like you need to get laid," Poppy quips as she crosses one leg over the other in her tiny toy chair.

My jaw drops in shock. "Where in the world did you hear that?" I know for damn sure she didn't come up with it on her own.

Poppy grows nervous and starts to shift in her seat. "On TV somewhere."

"Sounds like we need to restrict your TV privileges."

"No!" Poppy jumps up from her seat, burning mad. "I'm a grown up, you know! I can watch whatever the heck I want. Rating be... rating be... rating be darned!" She spits out before taking off for her room and slamming the metal cage door behind her. Or at least attempting to slam it shut. Because of all the fake flower decorations we put on it, the door can't fully close and keeps popping back open, resulting in her slamming it over and over before giving up and storming to her bed.